Treat Every Day Like It's Valentine's Day

Your significant other should feel special more than once a year.

147

Valentine's Day is great. You get to show off your significant other to the world and show him or her how much you care. One entire day of showing off your love for someone.

Why can't we do this every single day? I don't mean the stuffed animals, the candy, the jewelry, or any other nonsense gift. I mean how we're expected to treat our significant others. I don't want to be treated like a princess that's pampered one day a year. I want to be treated like a woman who has a man that cares for her every day.

I don't care if I'm sitting at home in an over sized tee-shirt with greasy hair. Maybe I've had a rough day and I'm in a crappy mood. It could just be an average day. None of that should matter. My boyfriend will look at me randomly when I'm sick and playing on my phone with what probably looks like a quadruple chin and say, "You're cute." Or, he will randomly remind me that he cares for me on any given day, and that makes me feel the kind of special that couples brag about on Valentine's Day.

Go ahead and celebrate Valentine's Day with dates and candies and teddy bears, but don't forget to shower your significant other with affection (the free kind) on a daily basis. The fact that there are couples out there who feel the need to post all over social media only once a year about how special their partner made them feel makes me sad. I don't need someone to buy me something to make me feel appreciated, but I sure as hell enjoy feeling appreciated with words and actions.

Ladies and gentlemen, don't settle for someone who showers you with love and affection on the fourteenth day of February alone. Find the person makes you feel like Valentine's Day isn't some extraordinary event, because they make you feel valued on a regular basis.