15 Things Every 'Baby' In The Family Can Relate To

All the torment didn't go to too much waste.

155
Shemazing

Growing up with two older siblings made every day life a little more interesting. I am always fascinated by only children and how they grew up because I couldn't imagine what my life would have been like without my siblings always being there. I couldn't imagine not having those funny stories to tell about my siblings.

My favorite story of all time takes place before my sister got her own room in middle school. We shared a room before that and it was utterly awful. I can remember her getting so mad at me for some reason. It was probably because I lost one of her Polly Pockets or something. But anyway, she got so made she got the duct tape out and divided our room off. I wasn't allowed to go on her side of the room. I began to freak out and cry, yelling, "How am I supposed to get out of the room!? ELLEN!!! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GET OUT OF THE ROOM IF YOUR SIDE TAPES OFFTHE DOOR!?"

We all have funny stories like this. I was always getting tormented, teased, and literally thrown around. SO here are some things that every youngest child can relate to.

1. You still to this day are called the "baby"

Sister: "Em, Happy 18th Birthday! I got you this new shirt!

Me: "Really? REALLY? I'm 18 years old!"

2. You basically are the family's human punching bag

...which means you basically get hurt all the time. I was basically treated like a sack of potatoes when I was born by my sister. I was also always thrown around literally into the pool onto the street. Ya no wonder I've had 3 pairs of stitches...I grew up into a punching bag and then into a clutz.

This was basically my whole childhood wrapped up in one gif!

3. You and the oldest usually could team up and make the middle child's life hell. Why you may ask...I have no idea?

4. But at least you don't get sh*t for the naughty things you do like come home pass curfew or get a bad grade on that final.

Your parents have been there before so it's not as bad as it could be.

Mom: I can't come home tonight it's too late to drive home.

Me:

5. You're forever hearing your siblings or parents saying, "You get to do things we never got to do when we were your age."

This happened all the time when I wanted a cell phone in middle school while my siblings didn't get one until high school. Or when I got my license right away when they had to wait almost a year to get theirs.

6. You have a plethora of hand-me-downs.

Even if they didn't fit because they would fit you later on...well maybe.

Hand-me-downs sucked as a kid, but we love it now. I'm always asking my sister if she doesn't like that shirt anymore so I can have it.

7. You are always getting nailed for stealing your older sibling's clothes... but then again they do they same thing!

When this happens it's time to raid your sister's closet, steal something, and quickly run out the door before she finds out.

8. You always wanted to be like your older siblings by dressing like them and trying to hang out with them.

This would never work because they were already annoyed that they had to share their room with their dumb little sister.

9. People will always be shocked at your age.

It doesn't matter if you're turning 13 or 30, everyone will still think it's crazy that you're that young or that old.

10. Everyone will mistake you for your sister or brother.

So get used to being called by their name instead of your own.

Mom's Friend: Oh, Ellen you look so old?

Me: I'm Emiliya for the 3rd time.

11. Even your mom will mix up your names...she might even call you by the dog's name.

Mom: "Bailey come down here"

Me: "...Mom really?"

12. You have zero baby pictures alone...or you don't have any at all because you and your siblings looked exactly alike so your parents really didn't see the point of wasting more film.

13. Privacy is not a thing when you have siblings.

I can remember my brother and my sister always breaking into my diary and reading my long journal entries about how I loved Dallas my kindergarten crush and how I loved Jesse McCartney.

14. You always got teased for anything and everything and lied to quite often.

My sister once told me that the hand that told pedestrians to stop was my hand. They apparently took my hand print and put it on every stop light in the world. I totally believed her and told all my friends. I can also remember my sibling asking me if I knew what this or that was. Being 8, I had no idea what that was like being gay or what sex was and it made me so mad that I didn't know what that was.

15. When all of your siblings move out or go away for college...you're basically an only child which seems like it's going to be great.

You get your sister's old, but bigger room. You get all of things she couldn't take to college. But be warned, now you are on your parent's radar. There is no one at home to blame anymore for who drank all of mom's wine or who didn't empty the dishwasher. They're going to be up your ass so don't get too excited for them to leave.

Mom:
Me: After the endless number of lectures:

But all in all, I miss my siblings even now that we all are in college. I still love my siblings too much to ever wish to never have them in my life. I sure didn't feel the same way when 8. I'm pretty sure I told my sister multiple times that she was going to be the secret aunt that my kids didn't know about because I hated her.

But obviously those feelings passed with time and maturity. And as much as they can be a pain in the ass, I have learned to deal with them and love them unconditionally.

Love you Aaron and Ellen,

Emiliya Dale