9 Events To Attend In Statesboro, Georgia In October

There's more to this little town than you think.

207
Laura Leanne Askew

I've lived in Statesboro and attended Georgia Southern University for five years now. I've been interning at the Downtown Statesboro Development Authority for a couple of months now and man- have I missed out on so much that Statesboro has had to offer me for the past five years up until now. I had no idea this tiny town had so much more than bowling and beer, or the one little movie theater- but event after event of entertainment and community making this one truly amazing city. Just one of many reasons we've made it to the top eight of America's Best Communities! Here are just nine events I know out about going on in Statesboro in October.

1. Farmers Market

What: "Know Your Neighbor, Know Your Food". Local produce, home goods, and natural homemade items sold all in one convenient location!

When: Every Saturday, (9:00 AM – 12:30 PM)

Where: Downtown Sea Island Bank, 2 E Main St, Statesboro, GA

2. Thriller Dance Practices

What: Dance practice for the Thriller dance performance happening at the Annual Scare on the Square event on October 29th!

When: Every Tuesday in October, (7-8 PM)

Where: 41 West Main Street, Statesboro- Whitaker Black Box Theater

3. GreenFest

What: The Blue Mile and Center for Sustainability come together to bring back GreenFest 2016. Join downtown Statesboro for live music, workshops, "Bike the Blue Mile", the 2nd annual Pallet Challenge and much more!

When: Saturday, October 1, 2016 (9 AM to 1 PM)

Where: Bulloch County Courthouse Lawn Downtown

4. Zero Gravity Extreme Stunts Show

What: Join Zero Gravity Outreach for an extreme stunts show involving free style motocross, street bikes, drifting, food and loud music! Gates will open at 11AM with two shows starting at noon and 4PM.

When: Saturday, October 1, 2016 (11 AM- 9PM)

Where: Complete Care Care- 1001 Stambuck Lane Statesboro, GA
On the bypass across from Parkers.

5. Krispy Kreme Grand Opening

What: Krispy Kreme Statesboro's Grand Opening- get ready to finally see the "Hot and Ready" sign finally lit up!!

When: Tuesday, October 4, 2016 - 6:00 a.m

Where: 190 Northside Drive, Statesboro, GA 30458

6. First Friday: Ag Night Out

What: The Chamber of Commerce and Main Street Statesboro team up to bring back the annual Ag Night Out event. The October First Friday will have a petting zoo, tractor exhibits, pony rides and boiled peanuts galore! Come out to listen to live music, engage in family fun, raise agricultural awareness and experience the unity of Statesboro commerce.

When: Friday, October 7, 2016 (5:30-7:30 PM)

Where: Courthouse Lawn

7. One Purpose: Night of Worship

What: A night of community and worship, to unite all people- "churched and unchurched"! This event is for everyone!

When: Sunday, October 23, 2016 (6-9 PM)

Where: Georgia Southern Campus- Hanner Fieldhouse

8. GSU vs App State Home Football Game

What: The Eagles take on their infamous rival- App State! A game you definitely don't want to miss. Tickets available through Georgia Southern Ticket Office next to Paulson Stadium.

When: Thursday, October 27, 2016 @7:30 PM

Where: Paulson Stadium, Statesboro, GA

9. Scare On The Square- October 29, 2016

What: Zaxby's Annual Scare on the Square event is back! Head downtown for a truly thrilling and family oriented event. This year will include a costume contest for all ages, free hayrides, the "pumpkin patch" with face painting, candy, and carnival games- sponsored by Dr. Troy Lawhorn, and the famous Haunted House! Be sure to stay until the end as you don't want to miss out on the interactive Thriller Dance performance through the Streets of downtown!

When: Saturday, October 29, 2016 (4:30-8:30 PM)

Where: Downtown Statesboro