European Tour: Austria

European Tour: Austria

Innsbruck

JordynL
JordynL
57

Welcome to the fourth article in the European Tour series!

---------------------------------------------

As we finished up our interesting experiences in Italy, we took a boat back to the mainland, got back on our buses and drove to our next destination: Innsbruck, Austria!

(Low-key, this is gonna be a short one because I really only have one great and fun memory)

When we first arrived, we payed a visit to the area where the 1964 and 1976 Olympic Winter Games were held, although the only thing we really concentrated on was the ski jump. Regardless, it was still really cool to see even though it was June and there was absolutely no snow.

We got into town and checked into our hotels and we just relaxed the majority of the time. The chaperones gave us options to separate into groups, to go to the amazing pool at the spa or to go somewhere else. Being the practical fish that I am, of course I chose the pool. I would be an idiot not to because I had insane urges to swim the entire trip and I didn't want to not use my swimsuit during the trip.

The pool was SO pretty. It was both indoor and outdoor, and the indoor portion had a separate area with slides and stuff. Now that I think about it, those were probably for little kids, but if you asked us if we cared, the answer would be a definite, and unison, NO.

The indoor portion of the pool was warm and incredibly relaxing. To add to the ambiance, there was this rock structure in the middle that you could just relax on. The outdoor portion was connected by a tunnel that you swim through, with a temperature change to go along with it. It was heated because of the weather, and you had a view of the mountains that you could stare at while you just float and relax.

This particular night was one of my favorites out of all of them. The group of people I was with were so much fun (and oddly enough, a decent chunk of us go to college together). We swam, relaxed, acted like idiots, and had a ton of laughs. We stayed until the pool was closed for the night and all of our prune-y toes and fingers were so worth it. Although, with how long we were in the water, I'm pretty sure most of our bodies resembled a prune altogether. It was nothing but good vibes and smiles; making the near-end of out trip a great one.

We were there for two days that I can remember, but I honestly can't recall anything else that we did while we were there. The only memory that remains with Austria is the slight recollection of the Olympic site and the pool with some great people. There are few specific moments that I would want to relive for this trip, and that one night is definitely one of them. We all got so close and I loved every minute of it.

---------------------------------------

I know this was a short one, but like I said, I really only care about and remember one (and a half) thing(s).

The next article of the European Tour series will be the "finale", which will include two places in Germany! Stay tuned!