Eugene Is NOT Where I Hope To Live Post-Grad

College towns have limited opportunities and it's important to expand your horizons and move somewhere new

74

As someone about to graduate college in the spring, I think it's incredibly important to move somewhere new for post-graduation life. Within the four or five years that you've spent studying here, you have learned much about what this town and campus has to offer. I used to think that I would live in Eugene for a while after graduating and figure out what to do from there. I guess this was my safety plan, but lately, I've decided there is no way that I would continue to live here after graduating. This town truly isn't for me in the long run.

This isn't an article bashing Eugene though; This is an article discussing the importance of leaving your college town for bigger and better things. College towns have limited opportunities and it's important to expand your horizons and move somewhere new. Personally, I've lived my entire life in the state of Oregon and at some point in my life, I would like to move to a different state. I want to see what other states have to offer because I might find a place that I love even more than I love Oregon. I will literally never know unless I try moving somewhere else.

The scariest part of preparing for college graduation is knowing where I'll go next. I have absolutely no idea what my life will look like in a year because there are so many variables. Will I get a job in another state and move away immediately after graduation? Will I be in love with someone and deciding to move in with them? Will I be truly pursuing my dreams?

All of these questions race around my brain, but one thing I do know for sure: Eugene will not be my forever home.