If you're like the majority of the population, you have allergies to pretty much every substance at every time of year. You've experienced that ghost cough — the one that travels around your friend group for a couple of months. A stuffy nose that won't go away for weeks. Or, itchy eyes that seem to last an eternity. From my years of being that sick girl, I've compiled my most essential items, and I hope at least one could help you.

1. Humidifier

Even the smallest one will make a difference. During allergy season the air dries up, making it hard for the sick to breathe. Personally, I have asthma, so I use my humidifier every chance I get even when I'm not sick. Your lungs and throat will thank you if you add a humidifier to your nightly routine.

2. Vitamin C supplements

Whether it's pills or cough drops, Vitamin C is key for keeping your immune system in tip-top shape. Growing up, my parents always told me the orange gummies would kill me if I ate too many but, being in college, I've learned that the limit of those things does not exist. Pound them down and your body will thank you later.

3. Delsym Cough Syrup

A secret from my grandma and a savior when I lived in a quad bedroom in the sorority house. This magic elixir will completely cut out your cough for a solid 12 hours. It's the non-drowsy formula and tolerable taste make it perfect for a swig once you get up in the morning and before you go to bed at night. This cough syrup has most definitely cured my bronchitis multiple times.

4. Allegra

Going off the same platform as Delsym, I've tried all the allergy medicine, but this works the best for me and my friends who are constantly under the weather. This happy little pill cures itchy eyes, runny noses, sore throats — you name it. It works hard and plays harder.

5. SLEEP!

Sneezing season and finals season tend to happen around the same time every year. You need to remember to take care of yourself and that's how you'll stay the healthiest. Sleep is the best way to cure all the body's ailments and illnesses.