How I Use Essential Oils To Help With My Anxiety

Essential oils are not just for suburban moms named Barbra and Susan; people have become obsessed for a reason.

103
YouTube

When some people think of essential oils, they probably think of a suburban mom named Barbra who hosts oils party and obsesses about it on Facebook. I was once this person who thought it was only for moms and hipsters, but I have recently tried essential oils for myself and have since resented ever thinking this stereotype to be true.

I have always suffered from anxiety and even sometimes even panic attacks. Essential oils proved to be a great way to help relax and stay calm in times of stress.

I was lucky enough find a good brand of oils the first time around, which was Radha Beauty. They are good quality oils that are not super expensive. Since I was not sure what oils I needed specifically, I decided to purchase their “Top 8 oils” which is pretty much what the title says, their top 8 most popular oils, which include lavender, eucalyptus, lemongrass, tea tree, peppermint, frankincense, rosemary, and orange oil.

Learning which oils had what benefits and how to mix them correctly took some time, but eventually, I became hooked, and I now know cannot live without my oils.

As far as which oils are best for anxiety, my favorites are lavender, eucalyptus, rosemary, and orange oil that I use in my oil diffuser. Orange oil specifically can be mixed with any of the other three oils. Orange oil works by boosting one’s mood and also acting as a natural muscle relaxer, while also smelling good with almost any other oil.

Lavender and eucalyptus are both great for relaxing and falling asleep; I cannot fall asleep without either one in my diffuser. Lavender relaxes the body naturally, while eucalyptus is a natural stress reliever. Rosemary oil is best for clearing one’s mind from any stress and helping stay focused on anything that may need to get done, like in my case homework or studying.

I like to mix rosemary with lemon oil since lemon is known for helping give energy. So, when I combine rosemary and lemon, I can feel both energized and focused at the same time. I can always count on not getting too stressed out while still getting a lot of things done on my to-do list when I put these two oils in my diffuser.

Other great uses for essential oils include tea tree oil being used for any anti-bacterial purposes such as cleaning surfaces, cleaning your skin, and even purifying the air when used in a diffuser. Peppermint oil is excellent for helping with digestive issues. And while frankincense is also a good stress reliever, it is also great for toning your skin.

There are endless types of oils with countless benefits. I highly encourage anyone and everyone to try to use them. They are an excellent natural remedy for so many different problems one might have physically or mentally.