The Basic Guide To Essential Oils Aromatherapy
Health Wellness

The Basics Of Aromatherapy, The Natural Way To Supplement Your Body's Wellbeing

Aromatherapy is a way to naturally aide your body's health through the use of scent.

63
Personal

I've never been the type of person who would willingly take prescription medication. The idea of prescription medication made me feel like a lab rat. Eventually, my mom stumbled across aromatherapy and became engulfed in it, which led to me also becoming a huge believer and advocate of the practice. You can topically apply essential oils or you can diffuse them into the air while doubling the diffuser as a dehumidifier. Whichever way you choose to go about aromatherapy, it is the most natural way to practice health and wellness.

Here are a few of the more everyday, basic oils and why people like them:

Peppermint

• Cooling
  • Allergy relief
  • Energy booster
  • Digestive aide
  • Brain stimulant

Lavender

• Stress reliever
  • Sleep aide
  • Soothes bug bites and sunburns
  • Soothes acne
  • Lowers blood pressure and increases blood circulation

Rosemary

• Stress reliever
  • Brain Stimulant
  • Increases blood circulation
  • Stimulates hair growth
  • Mood booster
  • Pain reliever

Eucalyptus

• Insect repellent
  • Assists with breathing / eases asthma
  • Moisturizing properties
  • Energy booster
  • Fungal treatment

Tea Tree

• Anti-inflammatory
  • Insect repellent
  • Soothes acne
  • Antibacterial
  • Can be used as an expectorant to relieve coughs

Frankincense

• Promotes healthy skin / reduces scarring
  • Boosts immune system
  • Promotes digestion

Sandalwood

• Anti-inflammatory / reduces scarring
  • Brain stimulant
  • Disinfectant
  • Insect Repellent

The essential oils listed above can be found at almost any grocery store, Target/Walmart, or organic supermarket. You can also order them online. There are plenty more oils out there, these are just the more common ones. There are also options that give you a combined mixture of various oils that have similar benefits to give the mixture a unique scent!