The Essential Fall Activity Checklist

The Essential Fall Activity Checklist

6 things to do before next Summer rolls around.

10
The Essential Fall Activity Checklist
Odyssey

It's that time of year again! The nights are starting to get cooler, the days are slowly becoming shorter and back to school paraphernalia have overrun just about every business in the country. Just because the hot weather goes away doesn't mean the fun has to!

1. Go camping

One of the best times of year to go camping is in the Fall. Most the bugs have returned to hell where they belong, every night is good for a campfire and if you're backpacking to your location you aren't going to die of heat stroke before you get to your campsite. For most, Fall is when you're getting back into that stressful routine, whether you're a student in college or a mom or a hard working business professional. Taking a weekend to get away from the internet and any connection to the outside world would do wonders for your mental and physical health. Kick it in a tent or rent a cabin, just get outside and enjoy!

2. Go to a Pumpkin Patch

This is pretty much a given. However, their's usually more to do at a pumpkin patch than pick pumpkins. Corn mazes, hay rides, pumpkin slingshots, petting zoos of farm animals, there's plenty to do. You can usually find local treats too! Ours sells maple candies, candy apples, apple cider, pies and lots of other goodies.

3. Pick Apples

Go to a local orchard and pick way more apples than you even know what to do with. Make homemade apple cider and apple pie, play baseball with them in the back yard, leave some on the neighbors doorstep, whatever your heart desires. Just don't play baseball with them while your at the neighbors front door.

Here's a recipe for that apple cider.

4. Have a party!

For those of you who love to get on Pinterest this season is a fantastic reason to get some friends together and use those ideas you pinned. Light a campfire, make treats and drinks from scratch, decorate some pumpkins, make a ton of decorations. Need some ideas? Here you go:

Pumpkin Spice White Hot Chocolate

Caramel Apple Sangria

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Thumbprint Cookies

5. Make a book list.

Let's face it, in the U.S. we are stuck inside for the majority of the year. This is the perfect excuse to cuddle up with a blanket, book and drink of choice on a day off of work or school. Go through some book lists online and make a list of the books you want to read before summer rolls around again! Obscure books, best sellers, mystery, spiritual, worst books of all time, pick something to entertain yourself for those long winter months. Not into books? Make a Spotify playlist to expose yourself to new music and ask your friends to contribute. Pick some shows, documentaries and movies on Netflix and refrain from binge watching to make it last all winter.

6.Go Kayaking

You haven't seen the Fall foliage until you've seen it from the water. Wether you're an expert or a beginner who needs to go rent equipment it's worth getting on the water, kayaking isn't just for the summer.

Whatever you choose to do this Fall, have fun doing it!