Enough Is Enough

Enough Is Enough

My heart breaks everyday for our country.

13

Enough is enough!

Watching this week has been emotional. It’s every week that a cop abuses their power and kills an African American male in cold blood. It even hits home when it happens in our state. What I fail to understand is why cops feel it necessary to shoot someone who has their hands up. Clearly they are not a threat if their hands are in the air. I don’t know what more we can do to contain this. It seems like being black is a crime. They want us to protest and we do but no one is listening. Sometimes enough is enough. We vote, but honestly a president or senate won’t change the prejudice that human beings have. I’m scared for this generation. It seems like we're taking one step forward and two steps backwards. Kids are going to grow up to hate the cops instead of thinking of them as heroes. What kills me is that our society wants proof of things but when we do have proof, they say it's not the whole story. My heart breaks everyday for our country.