My Enneagram Type Changed My Life Perspective For The Better

My Enneagram Type Changed My Whole Perspective And How I View Myself For The Better — Here's How

It's helped me take a step back when dealing with others to recognize not everyone is the same.

491
girl's back facing us, wearing scarf looking out at water and mountains

If you don't know what an enneagram is, I strongly recommend you read this. It basically is a number between 1-9 that explains different personality types that determine your core beliefs and how you view the world.

I found out about this personality test about two weeks ago and have been obsessing over it ever since.

Long story short, it gives an in-depth description as to why you are the way you are and it's pretty incredible.

First things first, I say you take this free test and find out what you are. Click this link to find out what type you are: https://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/test

Type 1: The Perfectionist

Very responsible, controlled, and will always follow through with their commitments.

Type 2: The Giver

Extremely empathetic and caring, emotional, will always put others' needs before theirs.

Type 3: The Achiever

Sophisticated, like to stay busy with a full schedule, goal-oriented, typically present themselves nicely.

Type 4: The Individualist

Very creative and expressive, typically always on an exploration, crave adventure, and self-individuality.

Type 5: The Investigator

Always curious about underlying connections, like puzzles and critical thinking, minimalistic.

Type 6: The Skeptic

More likely to be nervous, are particular about their social groups, hard exterior, require explanations or proof.

Type 7: The Enthusiast

Mind is always active, high energy, passionate, self-expressive, childlike mentality.

Type 8: The Challenger

Always fierce and bold, can come across as bossy, great leadership, independent and driven.

Type 9: The Peacemaker

Very gentle and easy to get along with, humble, very appreciative, wants life to be in harmony.

My results came back that my highest scores were Type 2 and Type 3. And I have to say it's extremely accurate. I can be fairly emotional and tend to pour out to many of my peers through service.

I also realize that I always strive to be the best I can be with whatever I do.

It sure does explain why I always tend to do work way before the due date! (I like to call it pre-crastion, NOT procrastination!)

I would say knowing this about your personality is important simply because it allows you to be more self- aware and more conscious when dealing with other personality types.

This skill is extremely helpful to have with working with all different types of people. It surely has changed my outlook not only on the way I view our society but how I view myself.