8 Things Engineers Can Relate To

8 Struggles You Can Only Put Together If You're An Engineering Major, The Hardest Major

Engineers are the best kind of people, hands down.

477
https://www.brown.edu/academics/engineering/sites/brown.edu.academics.engineering/files/images/mechanics%20guduru.jpg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_STEM_fields

To be an engineer takes a certain and special kind of person; they have to be hardworking, dedicated, motivated, intelligent, and the best of the bunch.

To be an engineer means to spend countless nights studying difficult and confusing concepts, having no social life (unless you are really intelligent and can balance both work and school), and enjoying problem-solving problems that you never knew needed solving. Engineers are usually the most unique and nicest people you will ever get to know, and I myself am proud to study engineering.

If you study engineering, here are eight things you can relate and laugh about.

Your Friday and Saturday nights are spent either sleeping or catching yourself up on all the homework that is due the next week.

Baby studying

Due to taking 18 credit hours a semester, weekends become the perfect time to study and catch up!

A lot of your tests are open note but are pretty difficult, so you end up studying for them for 100 hours.

Study

Engineering test require thinking outside the box, not just regurgitating information. It's kind of hard to study for engineering tests, so studying can be an extra difficult task.

You're jealous of all your non-engineer friends who get to graduate in four years.

Wilson

Watching your friends leave you for the real world while you have one more year to complete is the ultimate pain and loneliness.

Half of your existence is spent stressing over getting a co-op or internship.

Friends

You go to every career fair and hand out your resume to anything that breathes because you NEED to experience what it's like to be a real engineer.

You may or may not have a superiority complex because you are studying to be an engineer, which is obviously the ~hardest~ degree out there.

Horse

If you study engineering, you may sit on a high horse and give other "easier" majors a hard time...oops.

Your motto changed from "aim high" to "C's get degrees."

This is fine

Engineering is about lowering your standards...all that matters in the end is if you pass.

You try to avoid looking at the classes you have to take in the near future due to the sheer stress of all the things you will inevitably have to learn.

Die

Thermodynamics? Differentiable equations? Mechanics? Circuits? Try not to look ahead and freak yourself out too much.

You love solving problems, and you know this hard degree will be worth it all in the end.

Perry

Engineering is one of the toughest degrees out there, but the journey can be very rewarding and fun. Just keep chugging away at your classes and you will see that shiny degree in no time!