End of the Semester Blues

End of the Semester Blues

The struggle that comes at the end of Spring semester.

15
End of the Semester Blues

The end of the semester is always a hard thing to get through, especially during the spring semester. . .

The weather starts to warm up, bringing back the memory of summer and the idea of being free from school! Not only are these semester blues about the want and need of a break from school, but also the sadness from seeing friends graduate. This is my junior year of college, so this is the year when a lot of close friends are graduating and moving away. This is the first time since high school that I have really had to say goodbye to a lot of my friends, and of course buy them gifts. It is weird that my friends and I have started to become real adults, which also does not help with these blues — but I think it is mostly the weather.

When the weather gets warmer, the harder and harder it becomes to get work done. Your motivation goes right out of the windows you chose to open since the breeze felt nice. But, this is when your motivation is needed most. You have at least four term papers due with eight presentations, which of course are all group presentations. This is what is so wrong with the spring semester, you want to be outside, at the beach, or taking drives, but you cannot; you must sit in class and in the library working on papers, trying to get a good time that your group could meet — which there usually is never a time that works for everyone.

The combined lack of motivation and the amount of work becomes overwhelming so much so that it seems best to procrastinate even more on those assignments. And since you may be graduating and stressed about jobs after college, it is difficult to focus on any of these assignments. You want to make the most of your last semester, the last time you may see some of these amazing friends you have made at college. Even if you are not graduating you are probably trying to spend those moments with your friends who are graduating, or the friends you have made in your first year and make sure you will stay in touch over summer!

I know it is hard to stay motivated. . . writing this involved forcing myself to sit down and work, but I was able to accomplish it! You are able to do anything, especially if it is last minute and it's the night before it is due. . .