Reality Shows Are Coming To An End This Year, What A Way To Close Out The Decade

Grab your tissues, reality show lovers. It's a tear-jerking end of an amazing ride.

357
E!

Snooki recently announced her departure from the reality show franchise, "Jersey Shore," and the spin-off, "Jersey Shore: Family Vacation." Needless to say, I'm not surprised.

Snooki has three beautiful children and is in a marriage with the love of her life. She traded in her party shoes for tennis shoes to keep up with her children and gave up the nightlife scene to become a businesswoman.

Snooki was the highlight of my childhood (along with Pauly D) and always made me laugh when a new episode came on.

On the December 8 episode of "Keeping Up With the Kardashians," the oldest sister Kourtney Kardashian and matriarch Kris Jenner caught hell from Khloe and Kim for not being so open with the cameras and sharing their lives with the world.

Kris has done her time in the spotlight and is the main reason that their family has a television show. Kourtney is in a different headspace from when she was in her 20s and 30s.

She wants to just enjoy life with her kids and be present without having cameras around her every second of the day. Kourtney made multiple points that her kids are her first priority and that should be acknowledged and respected by her other sisters. Khloe and Kim are forcing her mom and sister to hold onto a life that needs to be laid to rest.

The 2010s was the best time for reality shows and we saw them thrive and give birth to other shows and socialites.

Snooki's departure and Kourtney's feelings about her future on her family's show have sparked a conversation that is very important for entertainment and reality television watchers to participate in.

We've put our favorite stars on a pedestal so high that many have fallen. When they fall, they're frequently met with harsher criticism than average.

They open their homes to a world full of strangers and put themselves and their families at risk because they share their personal lives with the world.

This does not count as me saying, "Jersey Shore won't survive without Snooki" or "Kourtney Kardashian's feelings about not wanted to share every aspect of her life is the main reason that KUWTK went off the air."

Both shows could go on for a longer time, and so can all other reality shows like the "Real Housewives" franchise. Still, I just think that going into 2020, there won't be as much commotion and a fixation with these types of shows anymore.

We've watched these people go through some of the most heart-wrenching times in their lives and some of the most exciting times, but all good things must come to an end.