Encouraging Words to Get You Through Midterms

Sometimes college gets so stressful and hard that we all need a little encouraging note to get us through the day.

739

Ah, midterms one of the two most dreaded times of the semester for most college students. Yes, as my mom often reminds me we are one step closer to spring break and more importantly summer break but its still not the most enjoyable time of the semester. During this time of the semester most of my days and nights are crammed with library study dates with friends, writing papers at work and nights cramming for all the midterms that I have neglected the day before the exam. So here are a few words of encouragement that sometimes help me along with the way with difficult times in the semester.

You're Brave and Brilliant and Oh-So-Resilient

This is oh so true and can apply to everyone. if you have made it this far you are going to go so much farther. Never let anyone tell you that you are not any of these things because YOU ARE.

It's Just a Bad Day Not a Bad Life

This is something I am guilty of, I get a bad test grade or something I want doesn't go my way so I want to just chalk it up to everything is horrible but I am so wrong when I do that. Remember what happened today has already happened but what happens tomorrow could change your life.

Always Remember You are Braver Than You Believe, Stronger Than You Seem, Smarter Than You Think, and Twice as Beautiful as You'd Ever Imagine

This is another that hits me deep around this time of the year, because I know for me exams and papers due all at the same time have me stressing for weeks and I know most girls and guys too feel like this does not apply to them but I promise you it does. You are a God created human being and for that you are everything this quote says.

Look for something positive in each day, even if some days you have look a little harder

This is one that I need to look at more often than I do, there are too many days that I go around and see all the negative in the world and do not even try to find the bright spot. But every day there is a bright spot to find it may just take a little digging to get there.

You will find that it is necessary to let things go; simply for the reason that they are heavy

This one oh man it hits me. So for that bio test you failed last week or poli-sci paper you think you didn't do correctly, let it go. There is no need to carry around extra worry on things you can not change.

"For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord plans to prosper your and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

This is my all time favorite Bible verse and is currently my phone lock screen. When I look down and read this I just remember that I am not the one in control that the Lord is and that no matter what I go through God has a plan for me. Over the last year and a half this has applied in so many situations from changing my major to making changes in my personal life. So just remember to follow where the Lord leads because his plan and yours might not always line up but his will outlast yours.

I hope by reading this you got a little more encouragement to make it through this midterm season. I know for me it is one of the most stressful times considering that I don't have a lot of tests until this point but these quotes sometimes make it a little easier to breathe when I'm spending 99% of my time not breathing and stressing over this test or that paper. I wish y'all the best on midterms!