Everyone has heard of a "hot girl summer," but let's be real. Most of us ladies cannot afford to have a "hot girl summer." We have "employed girl summers" so we can have educated woman summers after paying for college.
Here are 11 signs you had an "employed girl summer:"
1. You aren't tan
You haven't seen a beach in years.
2. Your bank account is plentiful
That is until your tuition bill comes...
3. You haven't posted on Instagram since school ended
No one wants to see a picture of me in my stained work shirt.
4. No days off
You're always on the grind.
5. "Sorry I can't, I have work" has been your mantra
A working gal has no time for plans other than work
6. You're living vicariously through your friend's Snapchat story
The beach looks nice this time of year.
7. The only traveling you're doing is back and forth to work
And you never have to fight for a parking spot!
8. You see your work friends more than your own family
If you do see them, it's on your way to your room to go to bed.
9. You're losing weight
Because NO ONE can eat a full meal in 15 minutes.
10. It takes you FOREVER to text back
"Sorry I was at work..."
11. Instead of picking out a stylish outfit for a music festival, you put on your stained work shirt
Style doesn't matter at your part-time job.