Emory Slang: The Dictionary

Emory Slang: The Dictionary

A guide to using words that only mean something to Emory students

363
Emory Slang: The Dictionary

1. DUC, noun

Definition: the cafeteria; the place where you are guaranteed to run into a hookup and/or wait half an hour for an omelette.

Example of usage: "Meet me at the DUC and bring your own coffee unless you want your tastebuds to fall off."

2. Woodruff, noun

Definition: everywhere.

Example of usage: "Meet me at Woodruff. No, not the library--the residence hall."

3. Pepsi, noun

Definition: the devil.

Example of usage: "Hey can I have some Pepsi?" "Sure, would you like it in your hair or down your shirt?"

4. Mags, noun

Definition: Maggie's Neighborhood Bar and Grille, the place where Emory students go when they literally have nothing else to do on a weekend night.

Example of usage: "Hey, did you see that topless lady at Mags last night?" "Damn it, I always miss that!"

5. MJQ, noun

Definition: the underground club where Emory students go to turn up on Wednesdays; a great excuse to drink shitty Long Island Iced Tea while struggling to find your friends.

Example of usage: "I'm too cool for MJQ, I only go to Buckhead bars."

6. Ebola, noun

Definition: the deadly disease that Emory is happy about because it makes us look all professional for curing it.

Example of usage: "Let's cure some Ebola YOLO."

7. #Top21, adjective

Definition: the hashtag people use on Yik Yak when they want to whine about Emory not being the 20th in the country anymore.

Example of usage: "Someone just asked me what Passover is. #Top21 this is why"

8. FIA, noun

Definition: the feminist organization at Emory that everyone likes to shit on for deleting some pro-life comments on Facebook.

Example of usage: "Haha I love how FIA gives me an excuse to make fun of a movement that empowers women. You feel me dudebro?"

9. Dooley, noun

Definition: the unofficial mascot of Emory who creepily happens to be a dead person.

Example of usage: "I totally ship Dooley. He let me out of class one time."

10. JWags, noun

Definition: slang terminology for the headmaster; James Wagner's secret rap identity.

Example of usage: "Do you think JWags will let me use his house to throw a party?"