Emma Chamberlain Is One Of The Best Things To Happen To YouTube

And this is why.

20087
Emma Chamberlain

Think back to when you first started watching YouTube videos. Most of us probably began by watching silly videos like "Charlie bit my finger," “Scary car commercial," or "The Gummy Bear song."

After this phase died down, watching music videos on Youtube became the next best thing. I remember sitting in the computer room of my house watching Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez, Chris Brown, and Jesse McCartney music videos like it was my day job.

When I entered junior high, I made a huge shift in the content I watched on YouTube. At this time, beauty gurus were on the rise. Macbarbie07 showed me how to redecorate my room for absolutely every occasion. Bebexo showed me how to curl my hair and additionally, how to do six different types of braids. Mirellabellebeauty showed me how to make my eyelashes look longer than life. Bubzbeauty showed me how to properly care for my skin. The list goes on and on.

Now, as a sophomore in college, I watch different content on YouTube. Yes, I still watch beauty gurus, but ones I can relate to much more. I watch YouTubers that vlog. I watch fitness YouTubers. I watch YouTubers that do skits. Watching YouTube is more about learning how to better my lifestyle now and more about enjoyment.

Emma Chamberlain is one of the YouTubers that I enjoy the most.

I first discovered Emma during the summer of 2017. She had no more than 50,000 subscribers at the time. She would film very raw videos. She didn't wear makeup. She didn't do her hair. She went thrifting almost every week. She was obsessed with iced almond milk lattes. She was in her car maybe a little too much.

But most importantly, she made me die laughing at every single video she made. Now, with 1 million subscribers, she is exactly the same and has the same effect.

All throughout her YouTube career, Emma has been editing the same exact way. Only recently did she switch from filming on her iPhone to filming with an actual camera. Her content is raw and genuine. When you watch her videos, it feels like you’re hanging out with your best friend, not just watching a girl on your screen. Her 1 million subscribers notice it and love it. Emma has shown girls that you do not need to act perfect and put together at all times.

A problem with past beauty gurus and even beauty gurus now is that many of them act as though they have no flaws. They almost act inhuman.