Why We Should Embrace the Lonelier Times

Loneliness is and always has been the central and inevitable experience of every man.

6
Desiring God

There may come random moments in life when you are surrounded by many but feel the presence of none.

In these moments, it can be hard to feel worthwhile, and sometimes life just becomes down right confusing. You may think... "Maybe I am meant to be alone," or "Why is it so difficult for me to make friends."

Think about it... would you rather take the time to search for those friends that will stick with you or quickly settle for the people who don't have your best in mind?

Time is something that can be enduring and dreadful, but we must let it take its own course. By forcing people into your life, you will almost always be disappointed in the end. When you let people come into your life, that is when you will no longer feel lonely.

How do we face these times of loneliness?

Stay distracted.

When given too much time to think is when life becomes enduring and dreadful. It is important to take your mind of the things running through your head. There are so many ways to stay active- pursuing hobbies or being involved in a group. By staying busy with activities, you aren't given the chance to dwell on "how lonely you are" or "how awful life will always be." In this, you might find someone with similar interest along the way.

Open up with friends and family.

By giving your close friends and family the chance to acknowledge and hear how you feel, they will want to help in any way they can. Having someone open up to and talk with may lessen the feeling that you are alone. In telling someone about it, you are only helping yourself.

Create a positive outlook.

Sure, this time might challenging, but it will only make you appreciate the resolution that much better. In these lonely times, you have the chance to renew and reconnect with yourself. You can figure out just what you want out of the next chapter in life. Take this while to become better as the person you want to be.

Life is not always sunshine and rainbows- that is a given- but in these difficult times, we must come to welcome it as a part of our lives. What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.