Don't Be Afraid Of Change, It Isn't All Bad

Change is a lot of things and shouldn't be associated with something bad

44

Change is a word that terrifies people because nobody likes change that much and I mean big changes. There are some people who like to change up their hair or move to a different house but even they have a fear of big changes. Like moving to a different city, losing someone you are used to having or having your future change. Maybe you realize you don't like what you are going to school for but you are afraid to change your major because it will change everything.

There are many things to be afraid of but change shouldn't be one of them because if we focus on how much we hate change then we will never be satisfied with our lives. Everything changes and everything will continue to change. Not everything will go our way. Just because we have these plans doesn't mean the universe will listen to them. We just don't have control of everything, we can try but we will never have total control over our lives. No matter how much we want it, some things aren't meant to be.

They say everything happens for a reason and sometimes we can't see why. Especially when losing someone you love, how can there be a REASON for that happening? Maybe it's a way to build ourselves up into the person we are supposed to be and maybe there isn't a reason, it just happens, it's change. Change can be good and bad but it shouldn't terrify us.

You shouldn't decide to do or to not do something because you are afraid of the change. Who knows maybe that thing will make your life better. You never know until you try which is the best thing us humans can do. We don't have that much control of our lives and how things turn out but we can try to make the best of it.

You will go through so many changes in your life, it is ridiculous. I mean in college some people change their majors and their whole career path changes. Some people will decide not to go to college and then their idea of becoming an adult will have to change quickly. As you get older you will lose people that you get so used to having there and that change will be devastating. Maybe you will have this whole idea of the life you were supposed to have and then something changes that entire idea. Change will always follow you no matter how much you try to avoid it.

It sounds scary, change but sometimes it isn't. A change can be a promotion too or a new family member. Change can be being single for a really long time and then finding your partner when you thought there were none for you. Change can be the opportunity you have been wishing to get. Change is a lot of things, it is the good and the bad which is why we shouldn't just associate it with something that is bad.

"Don't be afraid of change. You may lose something good, but may gain something better"

-unknown on TinyBuddha