Report this Content
Online dating is such a taboo subject. I’m not really sure why. It is the era of technology, right? Most people are familiar with apps such as Tinder and Bumble.
Of course, we can’t forget about the O.G. websites such as eHarmony and Match. There’s also websites designed to suit your personal cultural tastes, like Christian Mingle and Farmers Only.
I have done my time with online dating. Honestly, I have met some pretty cool people through it. There is just something about telling people that you’re going out with someone you met online, though. It’s like a low-key scornful glance and a salty-toned, “Oh, OK.” Some people get embarrassed about saying they met someone on a dating site. So, here’s a list of lies for you to tell people how you met your date.
1. "I was shopping for cargo pants at Wal-Mart. I didn't even see him, but our hands touched as we were flipping through sizes. After that, it was love at first sight."
2. "I'm an idiot and hit her car while driving in the parking lot. I left my number on her car so I could help pay for damages. We started texting and it turns out she's really into me."
3. "She was my waiter at Olive Garden. I left my number on the table instead of a tip." (This one's a classic.)
4. "I was carrying a stack of trays at work across a freshly mopped floor. I didn't notice the wet floor sign, so I slipped. He caught me with one hand and the trays with the other."
5. "I was at the circus. He was in front of me to ride an elephant. It was a long wait, so we ended up having to ride the same elephant. He bought me cotton candy after, and we've been talking ever since."
6. "We were at church. The pastor said to join hands for the end-of-service prayer. She just so happened to be across the aisle. We had to hold hands, but I didn't just hold her hand. I intertwined my fingers with her's. After the prayer, I invited her out to lunch. She's pretty cool." (Use this one if you met your date on Christian Mingle!)
7. "I was at the emergency room getting stitches. He was my nurse. He stitched up my wound and now he's stitching up my heart."
8. "My friend's cousin's ex-boyfriend's sister's friend introduced us."
9. "I met him on Tinder." (You could just own it.)
This article has not been reviewed by Odyssey HQ and solely reflects the ideas and opinions of the creator.