5 E.L.F. Products That You Need To Buy

5 E.L.F. Products That You Need To Buy

Because you shouldn't have to sell your organs to get eyebrows on fleek.

10
5 E.L.F. Products That You Need To Buy

Everyone knows that makeup can get on the pricey side. The ability to contort the shape of your face and accentuate certain features with colored minerals is something magical, and those with the ability to wield this talent are even more so magical. However, most people cannot afford Too Faced, Urban Decay, and the Kylie Jenner Lip Kit.

Eyes, Lips, Face (E.L.F.) is usually a college student's lifesaver. The inexpensive cosmetics can be found in a variety of drugstores, particularly Target, which college-aged girls especially have a strong affinity towards.

Recently, E.L.F. has stepped up the quality of their products, and, as a continuously broke college student, I have turned to the less-than-$10 price. I recently sat down to read the ingredients of many of my favorite E.L.F. products and noticed that, not only are they cruelty-free (which is a HUGE deal within the beauty market), they also have similar make-ups (see what I did there) to our favorite top line products.

So, today, instead of having you sifting through E.L.F. products to figure out which ones you can swap for your expensive Anastasia, I'm going to do it myself.

1. Matte Lip Color

Price: $3

This little friend comes in a variety of colors, from nude to a darker pomegranate color. These lip colors are extremely soft and won't dry out your lips, and their colors stay on for a fairly long time, not only this, they don't have a harsh smell, and will still give you the matte look you love without the stickiness.

2. 3-in-1 Mascara

Price: $3

This mascara has a unique brush that makes it on the top of my list for a reason. Not only does it make your lashes look longer, it doesn't give you the spidery feel that clumpy mascara could give you. It also stays on all day, and the brush with its unique brush lets you touch on those little lashes in the corner of your eye.

3. Mineral-Infused Primer (Tone Adjusting Lavender)

Price: $6

Many of E.L.F. Primers are totally amazing, but the Tone Adjusting Primer is something that needs special recognition. This is very gentle on sensitive skin and can give you a lot of coverage. It doesn't come in a large bottle, so you may have to shell out a couple more dollars to stock up, but a little truly does go a long way. This primer will brighten your skin and will give you a super soft complexion. Kind of like a baby's butt, if you're into your face feeling like that sort of thing.

4. Mist and Set

Price: $3

This one I can personally attest to. I have extremely oily skin, and my hooded eyes often means that my eyeliner can travel up and make some sick black arches on the top of my eyes. My makeup also tends to melt off on hot and humid days, and this thing has saved my life. While you get what you pay for, this is a nice alternative to many setting sprays. Granted, it takes a little bit longer to dry, and you have to spray your face thoroughly, but afterwards, your makeup won't budge. I went 11+ shopping in coastal heat and my makeup still looked the same as it did at 9 am that morning. Just be sure to let it dry at first, because if you blink or look up, your eyeliner might move because it is wet.

5. Defining Eye Brush

Price: $1 (You can't beat that!)

This thing has saved my from disasters so many times. It's not only soft enough that it won't irritate your skin, but it is so defined that you can create that smokey eye within your crease without making a mess. It also makes it very easy to blend, and I refuse to use any eye brushes other than E.L.F.

So there you have it! Here are a few products that I have tested personally or have heard rave reviews about and have substituted them for my high end beauty options. If you have any other E.L.F. products that you love, comment below!