On October 27th, the long-awaited second season of the Netlifx Original "Stranger Things" premiered. If you're anything like me, you watched Season 1 faster than Eleven consumes her Eggo Waffles. So, to celebrate the return to the Upside Down and all that comes with it, here are 11 (ha) fun facts you may not know about the series.
Popular Right Now
Something that has always amazed me, no matter how old I get or how much life I live, is the power that words have over people. Offhanded compliments from strangers can often have me smiling throughout the rest of the day, but if that same person were to insult me, it would leave me feeling 2-feet tall.
I’ve noticed that this phenomenon lends itself to written works as well. Watching a movie can become an entirely different experience when the script is written well, I’m less inclined to click out of an article I’m reading if I like the way things are worded, and I’m more tempted to finish a book if I can pick out lines and paragraphs that resonate with me.
A lot of the time, those quotes and paragraphs are inspirational, and today, I’d like to share a few of them, just in case you need a pick me up.
1. “There is some good in this world, and it’s worth fighting for”. — J.R.R. Tolkien
2. "When someone is crying, of course, the noble thing to do is to comfort them. But if someone is trying to hide their tears, it may also be noble to pretend you do not notice them." — Lemony Snicket
3. “We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.” — Oscar Wilde
4. “Isn’t it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?” — L.M. Montgomery
5. “We can never give up longing and wishing while we are thoroughly alive. There are certain things we feel to be beautiful and good, and we must hunger after them.” — George Eliot
6. "...[I]f you are interested in something, no matter what it is, go at it at full speed ahead. Embrace it with both arms, hug it, love it and above all become passionate about it. Lukewarm is no good. Hot is no good either. White hot and passionate is the only thing to be." — Roald Dahl
7. "Beware; for I am fearless. And therefore powerful." — Mary Shelley
8. "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." — Samuel Beckett
9. "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live, remember that." — J.K. Rowling
10. "There’s only one real sin, and that is to persuade oneself that the second-best is anything but the second-best." — Doris Lessing
11. “Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark in the hopeless swamps of the not-quite, the not-yet, and the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish in lonely frustration for the life you deserve and have never been able to reach. The world you desire can be won. It exists...it is real...it is possible...it's yours." — Ayn Rand
12. “She decided long ago that life was a long journey. She would be strong, and she would be weak, and both would be okay.” — Tahereh Mafi
13. “It was all very well to be ambitious, but ambition should not kill the nice qualities in you.” — Noel Streatfeild
14. “‘You could rattle the stars,’ she whispered. ‘You could do anything, if only you dared. And deep down, you know it, too. That’s what scares you most.’” ― Sarah J. Maas
15. “So many things are possible just as long as you don’t know they’re impossible.” ― Norton Juster
Music has the ability to completely change your mood. We often listen to different genres of music depending on our current moods. When you are headed out on the town for the night, you don’t turn on Tim McGraw. When you are headed to church, you don’t blast Lil Wayne. Every once in a while, there will be a song that speaks to your soul, a song that pulls on the heart string and may even make you tear up. Here are 11 of those songs that pull on the heart strings!
We have all had some question about life. You aren't alone. Listen to Clay Walker put all of our questions into a song.
1.“Just A Few Questions” by Clay Walker
Bucky perfectly captivates true love, why we shouldn't take someone for granted, why we should cherish every moment in this song.
2.“I’ll Walk” by Bucky Convington
Sometimes we just need to stop and be mindful of others. Don't let this life get too busy that we forget to love and care for others.
3.“What if She’s an Angel” by Tommy Shane Steiner
Do something for someone else, live selfless, and pass love along to others.
4.“The Chain of Love” by Clay Walker
Always show love and leave judgement behind. You never know what someone is going through or has gone through in life.
5.“The Little Girl” by John Michael Montgomery
We have all had to deal with heart break and Miranda lays out just how that heart break feels. It just doesn't feel right leaving this one out.
6.“Tin Man” by Miranda Lambert
Today, more than ever, we need to love one another. In the end, love always wins. Such a great song and perfect timing. This world sure could use the message in this song.
7.“Love Wins” by Love and Theft
We all think back to all the good times in life, a simpler time, and Jason helps take us back to those personal memories we have shared with the ones we love.
8.“Laughed Until We Cried” by Jason Aldean
We can all learn something from this song. Breaks my heart every single time.
9.“Alyssa Lies” by Jason Michael Carroll
Here is a little bonus song! FGL reminds us that music really is healing.