The Most Consequential Moment of a Lifetime

Let's hope for the best possible outcome.

33

Admit it. This is not how you expected things would go. But then again, we didn't expect a lot of things to happen.

We've now reached several months into a pandemic, the likes of which have halted life as we once knew it to be. And in it's place, we have experienced lockdowns, a tragic loss of life, civil unrest, protests that call for systematic changes to how this country works. We're in a new normal, and any effort to suggest that this is a temporary situation (however hopeful) must also account for the nigh permanent alterations to this reality.

And yet despite all of that, we must also account for the fact that we have an election mere days away. We are coming close to 100 million people that have already voted in this election, and for all intents and purposes, there will be even more to come before the polls close.

A lot of things can happen in these final days (after all, why should we expect any different from this cycle?), and ultimately, no amount of predicting can prepare us for what comes next. What comes out of the results on Tuesday will be the most consequential decision that we will have made for a long time, both up and down the ballot.

But I think I speak for everyone when I say that I hope our decision was the right one.

So if you haven't yet done so, and you can, please…..VOTE.