Election 2020: Kanye West, On The Issues

Where does the first candidate of the 2020 election stand on the issues that matter most?

116

Mr. West is in the building. Which building? Possibly the White House.

Unless you have been living under a rock, you have probably heard that rapper, designer, and entrepreneur, Kanye West announced that he will be running for president in 2020. The announcement, which occurred at the end of his acceptance speech for the Vanguard Video Award, blew up social media and spawned approximately 250,000 tweets per minute in the ensuing moment. Now that the Internet is no longer broken, let's get down to brass tacks, and see where Yeezy stands on the issues that matter most.

Minimum Wage

The artist known as Yeezus worked several minimum wage jobs early on in his career to help keep the lights on while making beats for local artists on the side. One of his first big songs on his debut album was about his hatred for his job at Gap. Working at Gap wasn't getting him by, why would that be the same case for anybody else?

LGBTQ Rights

Kanye has shown support for the LGBTQ community for years. In this 2005 interview with Sway Calloway he discussion his distaste with homophobic slurs and discrimination.

Health Care

The night his family came together in support of his dying grandmother was the influence behind one of his most vulnerable tracks, Roses. West, while discussing his pride in his family, raps about his frustration with the health care system. President Kanye will demand an even wider access to strong health care throughout the nation.

Student Loans and Education

'Ye dropped out of college his freshman year and has always thought of secondary education as a superficial institution. Take it from Lil Jimmy and his father, characters from his first album, that struggle with getting actual jobs after college.

Gun Control

Standing out and being different is something that has always brought Kanye a lot of attention. He was never in a gang, never owned a gun, and has never committed any major crimes. West credits where he is now to the fact that he always stayed off of the streets. The further away children are from guns and violence, the safer and more successful they will be.

Legalization of Marijuana

It looks like he made this one clear in the speech...

The only question left to ask is, who will be his running mate?