Effective Student Motivation

Effective Student Motivation

Become a successful student with the promising help of your parents and teachers.

6
Effective Student Motivation
collegeadvisory

My education has always been valued in my family. I remember when I was only 6 years old, I told my mother that one day I would go to college. The inspiration to pursue this goal come from many television commercials that presented students graduating from high schools and the goodbyes from proud parents as their children leave to their destined university. Every day, we face countless people with different perspectives about what it is to work toward a higher education. One day, while taking the bus home, a young woman started to talk about the outcomes of having a better future. The young woman mentioned that before she thought about how the school could be tedious, we should always understand that the key to success begins with the effort and encouragement you receive.

My parents continue to support and encourage me on all the decisions I make, especially the one to fulfill my goal to attend college. The hours that I have spent in after-school programs have shown many of my teachers that I am a hard worker and driven student. Furthermore, one of my closest teachers once told me that it was a pleasure to have such a wonderful lady like me in his classroom. At first, I did not know fully understand his comment because I was very young and only in the seventh grade. However, now that I am a sophomore in college, I’ve been able to grasp what he meant to say. My seventh-grade teacher was referencing my outstanding collaboration in helping other students achieve personal goals. I have become an individual who likes to help and see others succeed. Moreover, my personal mottoes are to be patient, persevere and to never give up. Nevertheless, there have been occasions where classwork or the constant algebra exams have been overwhelming, but I have learned that it is all part of the process that leads to a successful future.

There are times in everyone's life where they have to make a decision that may or may not change the course of the path taken. As for myself, I chose to stay in school. Moreover, I decided to further my education by attending college and obtaining the necessary skills to become successful. Because of my parents' contribution in my education, I’m able to give advice to those who lack motivation and inspiration as a student.

Parents and teachers have always wanted the best for us, no matter what decision we make in life, let alone taking the initiative of continuing our education by going to a university of our choice. One of the most important things that all parents should have in mind is that the future of their young adult students is not determined by the hours and hard work they contribute to their education, but by the persistent collaboration and motivation in college throughout the four years, by playing an active role of also investing time, hence dedication, on their child’s education and near future.