To Every Editor In Chief (Especially Mine)

Thank you for teaching us your ways

5
Personal

To the Editor In Chiefs for Odyssey (especially mine),

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Thank you for taking us all in as your own little ducklings and teaching us your ways. I would not be the same writer/content creator I am today without you. I mean let's face it, who else would put up with the last minute articles, grammar problems, and messed up punctuation? For our editors who sit hours upon hours staring at a computer screen making sure our grammar is correct, thank you.

Thank you for your patience. Thank you for your wisdom. Thank you for your goofy personality and overall humor. Thank you for being an incredible mentor and being so intentional with everything you do. Thank you for being the one to constantly remind us to capitalize the first letter of every word in the headline. Thank you for providing us with endless laughter whenever we need it. Thank you for being our shoulder to cry on. Thank you for allowing us to express ourselves and truly be who we are with no apologies. Thank you for creating a little family of weirdos who I would do anything for. I could go on and on with a list of thank you's for everything you have done for me and our quirky little family.

On top of having classes of your own, having a social life, and making sure your feet are washed before you go to bed; you spend hours editing articles, making sure we've chosen great topics, and just being there when we need it. So again, thank you.

No amount of words could help explain the gratitude I have towards my EIC and my Odyssey family. As most of us continue our Odyssey journey, many of our editors are leaving and continuing on with their lives away from Odyssey. From all of us content creators to the collegiate editors who are leaving Odyssey and furthering their careers - don't forget about us.

Only a truly dedicated, caring person could take on the role of mentoring young minds who just want to be incredible writers. I cannot describe how lucky I am to be a content creator for Odyssey and how blessed I am with a fun-loving EIC who does everything possible to make sure we all succeed. Every EIC is remarkable and they do everything they can to make sure our boats stay afloat and we take two steps forward every time we create new content so we can be confident when we hit that submit button every week.

To every Editor In Chief out there:

Thank you for teaching us your ways and assisting us in building our writing careers. Every editor deserves a huge hug from all of their content creators and a ginormous thank you for all the hard work they put in every day just for us.