7 Shows I Watched On Netflix At The Beginning Of Quarantine That You Need To Watch ASAP

With quarantine vibes all around us, here are some good shows to binge if we do need to quarantine again!

38
nina dobrev and ian somerhalder

The first weeks of quarantine I binged new shows and Netflix and movies and I don't regret it. The ones that stuck out to me the most and are a must watch!

1. "When They See Us"

A documentary series that follows five boys from a 1989 case. Police officers are looking for a jogger that attacked and raped a woman in Central Park. They were wrongly accused and spent most of their youth in jail, and with everything going on with the Black Lives Matter Movement, this is a must-watch. But, I must warn you, it can be very intense, and I could not stop crying.

2. "Lucifer"

A raunchy comedy about the devil who escaped Hell and lives on Earth and punishes all the evil-doers on Earth. His brother, Amenadiel, is desperately trying to get him back to Hell. Lucifer refuses and meets Detective Decker, a human who he falls in love with. However, Lucifer is used to getting what he wants, but love was never one of them. I can't wait for season five to drop on August 21st!

3. "How To Get Away With Murder"

Viola Davis is enough for just this series. But, honestly, she won an Emmy for her performance on this show. This twisted series includes five college students studying to be lawyers with Annalise Keating as their professor, who is known for being a ruthless lawyer. Something drastic happens (no spoilers!), and they ironically have to get away with murder. The final season is now playing on Netflix!

4. "Dexter"

A dark series that follows Dexter Morgan, a forensic scientist who has an itch for killing people. He gets away with it too because his father, a former Miami PD, shows him how to never get caught. Now, working for Miami PD, he has all the access he needs. A must-watch... will Dexter ever be normal?

5. "Stranger Things"

This Sci-Fi series follows four young boys living their normal lives when a girl escapes a mystery lab. The girl goes by Eleven, has powers, and helps saves her friends from numerous supernatural activities. Fighting off evil is just a day job for them because now they have to stand to protect Eleven from being taken back.

6. "The Vampires Diaries"

This was probably one of the first shows I watched on Netflix. With eight seasons to watch anyone could definitely binge this show. It follows two brothers who are vampires, Damon and Stefan, and let's just say Damon is the one you wouldn't want to come across. They both set their sights on a girl named Elena and ask her to choose between them. This dramatic thriller is definitely exciting, and I'll say I am always Team Damon.

7. "Orange Is The New Black"

Hello to the show that put Netflix on the map. Binge-watch the lives of women who are incarcerated and see them become a family that looks out for each other. With each season getting wilder than the one before, this one is a must-see, and I learned the theme song after a few episodes... safe to say I was a bit obsessed.