5 Memorable Moments From Season One Of 'The Mandalorian'

Disney's "The Mandalorian" has captured the attention of viewers of all ages, especially Star Wars fans (like me). I recently binge-watched the season because I heard that there was another season about to come out at the end of October. I'll admit, Baby Yoda was one of the biggest highlights for me. I know why everyone practically fell in love with the small, green child. There were other moments that absolutely captivated my attention with its familiar short humor, and other moments that made me pick my jaw up off the floor. As season two becomes available on Disney Plus, here are the top 5 memorable moments of "The Mandalorian" season one. There are spoilers ahead.

Mando's journey to find 'The Child' was shocking.

Youtube

With his explosive entry, Mando's mission to retrieve and deliver the target was anything but easy. He was surrounded and shot at by bad guys and almost got blown up by a bounty droid. However, he managed to pull himself together, retrieved The Child, and even saved his life. It was a good call on Mando's part to shoot the droid.

Greef Karga killing his men and siding with the Mandalorian was riveting.

Youtube

Greef Karga was a character introduced in the first episode as the Mandalorian's main source of missions to complete. However, once Mando went against bringing the child to Karga, he became a pretty harsh enemy and hid from him for the majority of the season. When they both have a common enemy to wipe out, they team up, and Karga surprisingly shoots his guard men. Karga and his men had first planned to kill Mando and take The Child, but after The Child healed his wound the night before, he decided against it. This was a valuable pivotal point in the alliance between Greef Karga, and the Mandalorian and Cara.

Kuiil's death was shocking.

Youtube

Kuiil was a true ally and friend to the Mandalorian in the first episode as he taught Mando to ride a blurrg on his mission for The Child. On his way to protect The Child in the ship, he is killed by two storm troopers on speeders who then retrieve The Child and bring him back to Moff Gideon. This was one of the saddest parts by far in this series, R.I.P. Kuiil.

The Stormtroopers' conversation before bringing back The Child was uplifting.

Youtube

Honestly, this part was a good pick-me-up amidst all the chaos going on in the plot. The two stormtroopers who retrieved The Child for Moff Gideon wait on their speeders outside their destination.The two troopers start to treat their boredom by trying to shoot a nearby object and miss even time. They exchange dialogue about possibly seeing The Child, asking what Moff Gideon wants to do with him. One of them remarks, "I don't know, maybe he wants to eat it." This sort of light-hearted dialogue was a nice touch of distraction from a stressful situation. It was also pretty awesome how Kuiil's renewed bounty droid came, beat up the stormtroopers, and took back The Child in 15 seconds.

The Darksaber's appearance was surprising.

Youtube

In the last minute of the final episode, we see a group of Jawas searching and excavating Moff Gideon's ship. Something shocks them as they run away. A possible Darksaber protrudes from the ship, carving out a hole for Gideon to climb out of. Could this be THE Darksaber mentioned throughout the Star Wars universe? How and why does Gideon have it? Could it be part of something bigger in the Star Wars universe?

With there being so many components of the Star Wars universe, I felt like it was time for a mini recap of this beloved series as new episodes of "The Mandalorian" season 2 stream onto Disney Plus. Happy streaming!