5 Heartwarming Christmas Movies To Stream On Netflix This Holiday Season

Throw on some matching pajamas, and get ready to laugh.

71

The holidays are the perfect time to spend with family and friends. You can use the holidays to carry out traditions, eat the best food, and listen to classic holiday music. However, the holidays just wouldn't be complete without gathering on the couch and watching a movie. The challenge is finding a movie without spending an hour looking for one that's just right. Luckily, Netflix has got you covered with its array of Christmas movies waiting to be enjoyed this holiday season!

1. “A Bad Mom’s Christmas”

Youtube

Where do I even begin with this one? This movie captures the not-so-perfect Christmas that we can all relate to, as well as the all-too-familiar reality of certain family members making Christmas less enjoyable for everyone. Kudos to the moms and dads who try their hardest for their kids, and hats off to those who still grin and bear it when their least favorite relative comes over.

2. “How The Grinch Who Stole Christmas” (2000)

Youtube

It wouldn't be Christmas without this classic. The Grinch, played by Jim Carrey, is a despicable being who loathes Christmas a whole lot. With the help of Cindy-Lou, played by Taylor Momsen, we find out that he is truly a warm and big-hearted person after all. It's a great movie to brighten the spirits of any Grinch that you may know this time of year.

3. “The Grinch” (2018)

Youtube

This is yet another remake of the beloved Dr. Seuss classic, but it has a slightly different story-line. The Grinch, voiced by Benedict Cumberbatch, still absolutely loathes Christmas. Cindy-Lou, voiced by Cameron Seely, still helps him realize what Christmas is really all about. However, Cindy-Lou is a bit more adventurous and comedic in this version than the previous version. This movie is one that the whole family will enjoy.

4. “The Christmas Chronicles”

Youtube

Although we've known since a young age to always be nice and never naughty, no one ever told us to stop believing in Santa. "The Christmas Chronicles" captures the simple feeling of believing in something as good as Santa and his reindeer, as well as believing and loving the family you have right in front of you.

5. “The Holiday Calendar”

Youtube

We have all seen and probably made our very own holiday calendar to count down the days to Christmas. We've all wished time to the big day would go faster. This holiday calendar, however, isn't an ordinary one, and although it doesn't work miracles, it does bring people closer together.