Ed Sheeran the one man band

Ed Sheeran Is A One-Man Band Who Blows Us Away

Ed Sheeran performs all his songs by himself with no band, nothing.

798
Megan McCabe

On September 6th, Ed Sheeran performed in the St. Louis Busch Stadium. It was a night to remember for all those who attended. It was a simple concert compared to most who rely heavily on gimmicks and showmanship to make the night an experience.

To start the opening acts were Anne-Marie and Snow Patrol. Unfortunately I missed most of Anne-Marie but she was amazing from what I heard and she performed her hit, "Friends". Then came Snow Patrol, who had Ed as their opening act the first time he toured the U.S., who came out with their next new album after seven years.

When Ed came on you could hear the entire stadium erupt in cheers as they realized the person that was walking to the stage was him. To say the concert was a bit different than others I attended would be an understatement.

Ed Sheeran performs all his songs by himself with no band, nothing. Everything is done using a loop station that he creates each part of the song and then loops it make the complete melody of the song. The other thing is he doesn't have back-up dancers and he himself does not really dance around or use fireworks or any of the sort.

Not only was his performance above par, but he was also one of the most down-to-earth sounding concerts I have ever been to. He smiled and was himself when he talked there was nothing forced sounding. His smile also made it seem like he really enjoyed every moment of performing.

It was fun because he made sure the audience participated in the concert. He would bring them in to be his back-up singers, dancers, and even just to get everyone moving and having fun.

If I had to complain about anything, he only performed his hit songs. He didn't perform six songs from his album Divide and many times going to the concert is to hear your artist perform the album. I also understand that when the arena is that big many people only know the hits there and are not the die-hard fans.

Still there were a few songs that it saddens me I did not get to hear, such as Barcelona and Super Market Flowers.

Overall I highly recommend that if you have the chance to attend an Ed Sheeran concert that you go. It's worth every penny.