5 Snacks To Satisfy Your Vegan Sweet Tooth At Universal Studios Orlando
Health Wellness

5 Vegan snacks to satisfy your sweet tooth at universal studios

Being vegan can be really challenging, but here are some places that can satisfy your sweet tooth at Universal Studios Orlando.

1191
https://unsplash.com/photos/DxA-ES1SpSY
Rosalind Chang

Being vegan is never an easy task. Eating out can be extremely challenging, and eating in the theme parks may even seem impossible. Finding desserts and sweets to satisfy a need for sugar can be one of the most daunting tasks of all. However, it is not as unachievable as one might think. Universal Studios Orlando actually has some hidden, vegan gems around its property that will curb any cravings and bring a smile to every vegan's face.

1. Voodoo Doughnut.

www.voodoodoughnut.com

Voodoo Doughnut on Universal City Walk has a delicious array of doughnuts, and the best part is, vegans are not excluded! They have a specifically vegan menu, as well as options off of the regular menu that can be done vegan, as well. For example, they have their famous voodoo doll doughnut, a jelly filled, chocolate covered classic, in vegan and regular options. However, they also have a peanut butter and jelly flavored option on their vegan menu.

2. Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen.

www.universalorlando.com

Toothsome is well known for its decadent milkshakes that come topped with pieces of cake and brownies and whipped cream. They have peanut butter and jelly, hazelnut, red velvet, and so much more. You can order these milkshakes in the dining room for an after dinner treat, or you can walk up to the counter in the lobby and order one to go. They come in adorable, souvenir glasses that are given to the guest to carry around and keep. As a vegan, you cannot indulge in most of these treats, but they do have a vegan milkshake that doesn't appear on the menu. If you mention a dietary restriction regarding dairy, they have a chocolate milkshake made with soy milk that tastes like you're eating brownie batter. They even have a non-dairy whipped cream they can put on top upon request!

3. Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes.

images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com

The Wizarding World is a must-see location at Universal Studios Orlando, and of course, it has some spectacular places to eat. However, it's filled to the brim with desserts like cauldron cakes, butterbeer, and pumpkin pasties, all of which contain dairy. It may make a vegan feel sad that they can't indulge. But, worry not, Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes has a dairy free sweet snack called the puking pastille. I promise it is not as disgusting as it sounds. It's a very sugary snack, and it's perfect for the vegan muggle who wants to feel magical while exploring the wizarding world.

4. Dippin' Dots.

cdn0.touringplans.com

Dippin' Dots is the famous ice cream of the future. It's a perfect way to cool down in the Orlando heat, and there are multiple carts located on the Universal property. There are classic favorites like cookies and cream for the regular flavors, but there are a surprising number of dairy-free flavors, as well. Thanks to their assortment of sorbets, such as their mango-pineapple, even vegans can beat the heat.

5. Auntie Anne's.

www.recipe4living.com

Auntie Anne's is located on City Walk and serves a selection of fresh pretzels. It may not be as exciting as some of the other options on this list, but it is a theme park staple. Fresh pretzels are always a delicious choice, and if you ask for any of the pretzels without butter they are vegan-friendly, including the sweetly satisfying cinnamon-sugar pretzel.

My sister and I both eat primarily vegan, and we have discovered these treats all first hand so I can say on good authority that they are delicious. My personal favorite is Voodoo Doughnut's ODB, an oreo peanut butter donut. However, my sister is infatuated with Toothsome's vegan shake. So, to all of the vegans visiting the theme parks in Orlando this summer, just know that you are not alone and that there are plenty of delicious foods for you to sink your teeth into.