You Are What You Eat, You Are What You Read

“Would many choices be better than limited choices?”
3752

Every day, choosing what to wear and what to eat are hard tasks. And if there is no satisfactory clothing and location that bump into mind, we may feel uncomfortable with the clothing we wear for the day, and there is a possibility for us to skip the meal, though sometimes the hunger holds.

Once I saw a friend posting “When would our hesitation of deciding what to wear and what to eat come to an end?”, a normal and typical complain of our mundane life. For no reason, I started thinking, when and how would this “problem” resolve itself? Sure, I was very curious about the answer as well.

Later, I have arrived at two answers. The positive one would be that we know exactly what we want to wear and eat, though there are many choices ahead, we would directly choose the one that is in mind, without hesitation. While the negative one would be, there is only one choice hanging, that we have no other choice.

I was terrified of the answers immediately.

Washington D.C. is a small city geographically, but as the capital, D.C. provides us multiple choices over many spectrums of our lives – internships, sightseeing sights, museums, National Mall, etc. Just like the difficulty posted earlier, we have too many choices.

“Would many choices be better than limited choices?” I guess this is the real question behind my friend's complains.

Normally, we believe more options are better than less, then the core of the question comes into the person:

What do you want?

Who do you want to be?

And all I can think of are:

You are what you eat.

You are what you read.

We probably arrived at this philosophical question about what is contained in our bodies? Physically, the food we eat largely determines our health conditions. As most of us pursue our lives to be healthy, we have created a healthy diet, which introduced the better eating styles with a certain percentage of specific kinds of food. In this case, "eating" not only represents a mere action, it also determines our lifestyles and the physical appearance of ourselves.

Outside of physical health, mental health is the other very important category for people in this time era to take good care of. And the easiest way to build up our mental stability is to read, so we can learn more about the world and then to understand ourselves.

Eating and reading are the two inseparable parts of our daily lives, and to be more alive, continuing the two actions and trying to do our best in the two categories should be our goal of living. Because we know, they are the paths to the future we desire.

We are what we eat, and we are what we read.