ways to save money

11 EXTREMELY Easy Ways to Save Money When You're Your Own Breadwinner

You won't have to worry about not having money anymore when using these tips to save.

822
https://www.instagram.com/p/BoMvQXMApK-/?taken-by=couponinganddeals

Whether you started paying your own expenses starting in high school or college, feeling like you have enough money all the time is a foreign thought. Like me, a lot of you all may have the temptation of spending our paycheck right when we get it. Others have a hard time making it from one paycheck to the next. Saving money is a skill that does not come easy for most. However, it is important to put this ability into practice in order to live comfortably. Here are some ways that you may not have thought of and will make saving money seem like second nature.

1. Thrift

There are so many consignment shops in addition to Goodwill. There's so many places you may not have heard of that carry designer brands that could be right in your area. Make your own style or just snag some high end items for a wicked price.

2. Cancel memberships/subscriptions that are unused

Ever forgotten about something that you signed up for and now you're getting weird charges on your account? Don't forget about all of the subscriptions or memberships that could still be taking money from you. Get on the phone and try and get your money back if you didn't know what you signed up for or stop the extra charges before they start.

3. Collect loose change in a jar

This is something my dad taught me to do. Paying with cash is not as common anymore, but loose change can add up. Coins can get in the way so place them in a jar and watch it grow over time. Before you know it you'll have coins to cash into bills. This is also a great way to save up for a fun trip or expensive item you've been eyeing. Those things will be yours in no time.

4. Style your clothes in different ways

Staying up with the latest trends is a desire for a lot of us, but will your wallet allow it? Don't look past what your wardrobe already is before buying a brand new piece of clothing. A lot of staple items can be worn with a different combination of accessories or could also be restyled itself in certain ways. You could have a brand new look without buying a single thing.

5. Re-purpose items

Going off of the above advice, look at the items you have around your place. You may see them as old or run down. There's nothing a fresh coat of paint, or cleaning up can't do. Repurpose an old frame into a chalkboard, or pickle jars into glasses. There are so many ways to give your things a lift without spending the big bucks.

6. DIY

Let your creative juices flow by making something you could use from scratch on your own. There are so many tips and tricks on YouTube and Pinterest that could take you far in the DIY world. It's so much more rewarding to complete something on your own as well. Don't hire the "experts" when you could totally accomplish something alone or with the help of family and friends.

7. Know your budget

This is a big one. There's nothing worse you could do than to spend money you don't have. Keep track of the amount of money you should limit yourself to spending each week or month; whichever is easiest for you to keep track of. There are certain apps out there to help or you can keep track in your favorite notebook. On another hand, everyone's budget is different, so don't go off of someone else's because we all have different incomes.

8. Take care of your things

Another way to stay away from buying things you don't need is to keep the items you do have looking nice. Make sure that you pay attention to the way things are supposed to be washed and hang dry items to keep them from pilling and shrinking. Also, keep objects out of the sun if you can. Sunlight can cause some things to fade. Overall, just be cautious of how you treat your belongings so that they have a longer life.

9. Use plastic shopping bags for reuse

Small waste baskets in rooms or bathrooms require a smaller trash bag, but this cost can add up. Use plastic shopping bags as the trash bag for these. Plastic bags can also be reused to carry sack lunches or to transport messy items. It's way better to give these a second or even third use to reduce waste.

10. Go out to eat places where you can get leftovers

Going out to eat is so fun, but can be so pricey. Try to go to restaurants that give you a lot for the price. This way you can make one meal into multiple ones. Try to order the cheapest meal that you could reheat!

11. Rewards memberships

We all have our favorite stores. A lot of places will offer reward memberships that will give you money off, samples, coupons, etc. for being a loyal customer. Be careful not to get these confused with store credit cards. These memberships will be solely giving back to you. I have one with Ulta and I have gotten a lot of rewards for being consistent there. This one is mostly for those who spend a lot in a certain place, but why not get something in return?

With the issue of everything costing more and more each year, it can be scary. However, there's no need to feel overwhelmed with expenses when you can make these few changes to alter your savings account for the better. Don't fear the expenses of the future, go at them with confidence.