To celebrate the start of summer, I'm sharing my favorite salad recipe with you. This is an adaptation of a recipe I first learned in Morocco on a Real Food Adventure by Intrepid Travel. It's easy, healthy and a delicious appetizer or side dish.
Chop and prepare the salad ingredients below, then place into a bowl.
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1-2 cucumbers, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/8 cup red onion (or green onion if you prefer)
- 1 small avocado, diced (optional)
- 1-2 sprigs of cilantro (optional)
Combine the following dressing ingredients in a separate bowl.
- 1/4 cup tarragon vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 fresh lemon or lime
- Dash of pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
I'd recommend tasting the dressing and adjusting proportions based on your palate (I go heavier on the cumin because it's my favorite spice) Drizzle the dressing over the salad and mix well. Chill for 30 minutes, then devour! I love how the dressing really brings out the freshness of the vegetables instead of covering up their flavor.