Easy Hairstyles To Make Hair Look Good Fast

10 Ways To Make Your Hair Look Cute Even When You Hit The Snooze Button 10 Times

Looking good with minimal effort? Count me in!

924

Did you just roll out of bed 30 minutes before class and don't have time to blow-dry your hair or curl it, but you don't want to look like crap for your 8 a.m.? Here are 10 easy and cute hairstyles with tutorials that'll get you to class in time without leaving you with bedhead.

French Braids

Photo via EverydayHairInspiration on YouTube

Super cute and super easy! You can do a single braid or double pig-tail braids for a relaxed feel. Either way, your hair will be out of your face and you'll be ready to go in minutes!

If you're unfamiliar with French braiding, check out this How-To Video!

Dutch Braids

My personal favorite! The difference between these and French braids is that these look like they're resting on top of your hair rather than within it. I used to be OBSESSED with French braids until I taught myself how to do Dutch ones. Once you go Dutch you never go back, so choose wisely!

If you're unfamiliar with braiding or don't know how to switch from French to Dutch braids, check out this How-To Video!

Fishtail Braids

Photo via Kayley Melissa on YouTube

These are a little more complex than French and Dutch braids, and they lay a little looser, too, but they're cute nonetheless! Admittedly, I still struggle with this type of braid but like anything, practice makes perfect!

These typically also add more body and thickness for your hair so I believe this is a great braiding style for my fellow thin-haired individuals!

If you're unfamiliar with this style of braiding and/or need some help with the technique, check out this How-To Video!

Messy Bun

Photo via PurpleStars02 on YouTube

To create a messy bun you just grab a hair-tie, jumble your hair on top of your head, and go for it, right? Wrong!

There are different ways to go about putting your hair into this type of bun, and no two messy buns look the same, BUT I found a hair Goddess that manages to make the BEST looking messy buns!

Pro tip: I have found that if you have naturally curly or wavy hair like I do, you should leave it natural for the best results (on top of day-old hair with dry shampoo)!

Check out this link for a messy bun tutorial.

Classy Bun

Photo via SMLx0 on Youtube

If you have the time to put in a little extra effort, the ever-so classic sock bun is the way to go. It's great for special occasions when you want an up-do and don't want to risk pesky and painful burn marks if you're clumsy.

If you don't have the proper bun-maker and want to take the "sock bun" name literally, that's perfectly fine!

For all our newbies and queens (and kings) that need a refresher course on the sock bun, check out this How-To Video!

Either bun with a braid!

Photo via Aquamarinemakeup on YouTube

This takes a tad more patience and a lot of effort if you're a perfectionist like myself. If you're determined to make this work, the final product is definitely worth the effort because it adds a little flair to the style!

This can be done with both French and Dutch braids.

If you want to know how to get started with this, check out this video!

When it doubt, ponytail it out!

Photo via Kayley Melissa on YouTube

Don't want to deal with buns or braids because you don't have the patience, time or your hair won't cooperate?

Ponytails are ALWAYS the way to go, especially if it's a SUPER lazy day. Low pony, mid, high, or side pony, all are cute and easy!

Add a braid to your ponytail!

Photo via Missy Sue on YouTube

Don't want to work the plain ole ponytail? Add flair to any pony, just like with the buns!

I'm talking upside-down braid going into a pony, angled braids for side ponytails, and the list goes on and on!

If you don't know how to get started with an angled braid into a ponytail, check out this tutorial!

This works really well with French and Dutch braids, too!

Here's a second tutorial for a braided pony that looks awesome and is definitely worth a try!

Embrace those natural locks.

I know, bedhead is terrible. If you sleep even just for a little bit like I do, there's no hope or guarantee that your hair will cooperate once you wake up. BUT you can still rock your natural hair at its best with a little bit of prep work!

If you shower in the morning, you're already set for success!

If you shower the night before, like I do, because you're terrified of waking up late for class or work, just wet your hair slightly when you wake up! While you're waiting for it to dry, get dressed, scroll through social media, or actually eat breakfast for once. It's a time-saver for me and strangely enough, it allows me to multitask better in the morning. Rinsing your hair out when you wake up will get rid of bedhead and let you rock your natural locks!

If all else fails, call it a hat day

We all have those days when nothing works, we're just too lazy, or straight up don't have the time to style our hair. Simply cover that bedhead with a hat! Since your eyes will be covered by the shadow of your bill, you can skip the effort of putting on makeup, too!

I hope this style inspo has helped you! If you're doing any or all of these already, you're one step ahead and winning at time management and minimal effort! If any of these are new to you, happy experimenting!