10 Habits To Form For The Perfect Morning Routine

10 Easy Habits To Practice Each Morning That Will Have A HUGE Impact On The Rest Of Your Day

Want to find out what you can do in the morning to have a better overall day and a more positive and healthier outlook on life? It all starts with what you do first thing in the morning when you wake up!

207

Good morning, good afternoon, and goodnight — or whenever you end up reading this.

A lot of people, especially in college, are not morning people, and trust me, neither am I. I enjoy sleeping just as much as any college kid. However, I know a lot of people who tend to not look forward to the morning or even the next day. I have started doing a couple of things that make my mornings... just easier.

Some of these have been harder for me to implement in my life compared to others, but all have made a difference in my life someway, somehow, and I hope that you will try to form some of these habits yourself and see how it makes a difference in your own life.

1. Drink water

I am an avid coffee drinker and I have noticed that drinking water first thing in the morning makes your body run much smoother. Nothing wrong with a little health and hydration!

2. Start with three things you are grateful for

I do this every single morning and it has helped me have a more positive outlook on life. I promise it will put a smile on your face, too.

3. Don't forget to check the weather

You do not want to be that ONE person who does not dress appropriately for the weather, trust me — I have been there.

4. Avoid the "snooze" button at all costs

I know this is almost the hardest thing to do in the world, especially when we are groggy, but holding yourself accountable first thing in the morning feels so good. Plus does that extra five minutes REALLY make a difference?

5. Make your to-do list

Making a list of what you have to do throughout the day is beneficial in not only making sure you have everything done, but that feeling of checking off a box is SO rewarding (unless I am the only one who gets excited from doing that).

6. Eat some food and prepare snacks for the day

OK, I use to be the person who could never have time to eat in the morning, but now I can not live without it. EAT — it is crucial for your mind and body in order to function. Also, being hungry in between classes is the worst thing ever, so make sure you bring snacks.

7. Wash your face

When we sleep, our pillows can be dirty and also our face can get extremely gross from sweat and oil, so make sure you wash your face with cleanser or just water. Oh, and don't forget to moisturize!

8. Make your bed

Making your bed does not mean it has to be in perfect condition without a single crease, but it should be done. It will feel nice to have the first task of the day completed.

9. Remind yourself what makes you happy

A lot of things in this world like to try to bring us down — we cannot let that get to us. Remember happy memories and do things that make you happy, such as reading or working out.

10. SMILE

You are alive and breathing. Be happy that you are walking on this planet being able to reach your dreams and goals. Many people end up taking this for granted and that is a huge issue.

From Your Site Articles