Easter Is More Than A Day

Easter Is More Than Just A Day

He is risen, and LIVES today... Not just on Easter.

224

Every Easter there is always a flood of posts on social media, and every post has a similar caption: "He is risen!" And indeed He is.

Not that there is anything wrong with these posts. It's nice to see everyone in their "Sunday best." However, my question is why do we make Easter a one-day ordeal? We should be celebrating the resurrection and life of our Savior every day, not just one day a year.

Jesus's death on the cross is worth so much more than one day. He is deserving of far greater.

So often, we let ourselves be consumed by life and all our problems that we get distracted. We let ourselves forget the work that Jesus did on the cross.

Yet, this should not be our reality because Jesus won.

Jesus won. He defeated the grave. Let that sink in, because all too frequently I feel like this falls deaf to our ears and hearts.

Understanding that Jesus conquered death and has already won the battle for the world (John 16:33) should give us peace.

Having this knowledge should help us to say, "I see these things that I can't fix. But Jesus has conquered death, and everything else is taken care of."

Celebrate who Jesus is and what He has done every day, not just on Easter.

Lord, thank you that I can celebrate the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ every single day. Thank you that Easter is so much bigger and far better than just a holiday. You have defeated death, so now I can rest in that truth--knowing that you will take care of even the most minuscule details of my life. You hold today, tomorrow, and forever. Thank you that I can celebrate who you are and what you've done from now until eternity.