The Struggles of Having an 8 a.m.

10 Stages Everyone Who Has An 8 A.M. Class Goes Through Before They Roll Out Of Bed

I have to get up at WHAT time?

844

I have had two 8 a.m. classes in my college career--and I hope that I never have to take one ever again. They really are the worst things you can take, even worse than a late night class. I have compiled a few stages that I know everyone goes through during the time of their 8 a.m. class.

1. Shocked that you actually have an 8 a.m.

I know that this was me when I realized that the only time I could take a required class was at 8 in the morning. I thought that the system was joking with me and just wanted me to suffer. I kept searching and checking everyday to see if another one was going to open up, even though three weeks of school had gone by.

2. Denying that you actually need that class and actually have to go to pass

As soon as my teacher said that attendance was mandatory, my heart was crushed. I couldn't believe that he would make attendance mandatory on a MWF class. Three days a week, I have to be up at 7 in the morning and be functioning like a normal person.

3. The pain of waking up every other day

I have been going to this class and every time I have to go, it is a pain that I can feel in the back of my eyes. I contemplate everyday not going because of how painful it is to go to a class where we read things off a powerpoint.

4. The guilt of wanting to not go and going and realizing that you could have slept in and read the powerpoint yourself

I always feel like my body is guilting me when we realize that all we've done today is read off a powerpoint, which I'm pretty sure I can do by myself. I feel my body being angry when it makes me almost fall asleep in class.

5. You bargain with yourself everyday that you could miss just one class and be fine

I would always hope that my conscious would let me skip my class, but because I am the person that hates being late, let alone missing a class.

6. Reflecting on the fact that you've done nothing new in a week

I swear that we do the same thing everyday in that class. We just keep going over and going over the same thing.

7. The upward turn when you feel more awake after having an 8 a.m. class

For about a week, I felt more awake and like I was getting more done every day. That slowly went away...

8. Reconstructing your life to make your 8 a.m. make more sense

I wake up everyday and I cross a day off of my calendar and I subtract a day from the countdown.

9. Accepting the fact that this is for the ENTIRE semester and not just for now

I think that I just have to accept that I have this class and there's no way of getting out of it.

10. The hope that you have everyday that it is going to be cancelled

Even though I know that I will have the class every day, I still have high hopes that it will be cancelled everyday.