Why Early Classes Are Better In College

Why Early Classes Are Better In College

They aren't as bad as they seem.

177
Why Early Classes Are Better In College

When college planning, the perfect schedule is a very important part of being successful. This could change your level of stress, daily mood, enjoyment, and bring satisfaction to your semester and self.

Most people try to stay away from getting those early morning classes. I know my first semester I thought I didn't want to have those early morning classes and tried to stay away from them. Then one semester I had to have an 8 a.m. class because that's the only time it was offered. I was so not looking forward to that. Then I had the class and it wasn't that bad honestly. It made me ready to start my day earlier and I was done with all of my classes by like 11 in the morning. Other people were just then starting their day and I was starting all the fun stuff for my day.

Some pros to having morning classes are you have more time during the day to do other things than going to class. You have more time to do homework but also hang out with friends. You will get used to going to bed and waking up earlier (I promise), which is good because you will get more sleep in the long run. Waking up earlier also helps because there will be days when you get to sleep in and having woken up so early the other mornings of the week the later mornings are just so much sweeter.

One good perk is that the early classes normally do not fill up, which means there will be empty seats and also more one-on-one time with the professor. This time with the professors is important because you are more likely to get better and more personalized help on assignments. No one ever tries too hard to get those 8 a.m.'s Waking up earlier will also help with your concentration because later in the day you are more tired and it is harder to focus.

Early morning classes also help you get prepared for when you graduate and have to get a full-time job. Most full-time jobs are like an 8-3 job, which means you have to go to bed earlier so you can wake up earlier and be able to have time to get ready and drink your coffee before you leave.

Naps are one of the best things about taking morning classes. You go back home after class and take one of the best naps of your life and guess what - when you wake up, it's still earlier in the day and you still have time to do homework or any other activities.