Napoleon Dynomite Cast Is Coming to the Kimmel Center

By: James McDonald

228

Ligers and tigers and bears, oh my! The cast of Napolean Dynamite is finally coming to Philly! The characters of Napolean, Deb, and Pedro will be at the Miller Theater for a screening of the film followed by a post-show Q&A. The performance is BYOT (Bring your own tots). I had the great pleasure to speak with The Kimmel Centers Programming Director about upcoming events the venue will be hosting this year:

1. What programs are coming up at the Kimmel Center? The Kimmel Center presents a broad and diverse variety of programming all season long – from Broadway to rock, comedians to family-friendly. We are excited about our holiday offerings this year, from the return of Mannheim Steamroller (December 1); to our tradition A Soulful Christmas (December 11) – which involves choirs from across the Philadelphia area; to Broadway Philadelphia's Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas! The Musical, which makes its Philadelphia premiere December 19-29. We also have FREE community fun – with Tuba Christmas, two concerts featuring over 100 regional tuba and sousaphone players in our Commonwealth Plaza – and our 14TH annual New Year's Day celebration – an open house for Philadelphia.

2. What can we expect from the Napoleon Dynamite show?

Napoleon Dynamite quickly became a cult classic when it was released in the early 2000s. We're very excited to host three of the stars of the film – Jon Heder, Efren Ramirez, and Tina Majorino – for this special screening. The audience will enjoy the film, followed by a fun discussion with these three principle cast members.

3. What is the biggest show that will be at the Kimmel Center?

We have a very robust 2018-19 season – including the Philadelphia premiere of Hamilton, running August 27 – November 17 at the Forrest Theatre. We can't wait to present this historic musical in the city where Alexander Hamilton actually lived!

To find more about what is coming up next at the Kimmel Center, or to buy tickets, please visit https://www.kimmelcenter.org/events-and-tickets/