Dunkin' Donuts Ghost Pepper Donut Is Surprisingly AMAZING

Everybody's Been Hating On Dunkin' Donuts New Ghost Pepper Donut, But Honestly? It's AMAZING

Just spicy enough, thank you.

297
person smiling as they get ready to bite in to donut with white and red frosting

Generally speaking, when I hear someone say that something is too spicy, or even that they don't like it because it's spicy, I know immediately that I have to try it.

Dunkin' (or Dunkin' Donuts, as I still refer to them as a creature of habit who refuses to change) has been stirring up buzz this week with their new Ghost Pepper Donut.

Most of it has been fairly negative according to my Instagram feed, and so I had to have one as soon as I could possibly get one...which was today, because my local franchise didn't get their expected shipment yesterday.

These are so freaking good. The glaze is strawberry with a crunchy layer of sugar on top and the donut itself is just a standard yeast donut, not taking away from the amazing toppings.

There's definitely a kick of spice when you bite into the glaze. I personally think they could be a little bit spicier.

But, in my corner of the globe where it seems like no one ever wants to make anything even remotely spicy (I'm looking at you McDonald's...those new nugs are "zesty" at best, and they NEED the sauce), I'm not going to complain too much.

For me, these get a solid 8/10.