Dunkaroos Are Making A Comeback This Summer

Over the years, the Internet has played host to an ongoing list of things that were taken off of the market before their time: Doritos 3D, Nestle Wonder Balls, Butterfinger BB's, Reese's Elvis cups — the list is cruelly long.

Some snacks have been revived, but others are still fighting at a second chance for life.

One thing that has lingered in everyone's mind is the disappearance of the ever-popular Dunkaroos.

When you think about it, and ignore some of the more practical arguments, it just doesn't make much sense that such a successful snack should be ripped from our childhood and thrown into the abyss, never to be enjoyed again (unless you were willing to risk the chance of being tracked down for illegal activity).

That is, until now.

On Monday, February 3, Dunkaroos ended years of hoping, speculating, and even petitioning when they announced that every '90s kid's favorite sweet and crunchy snack has finally started its journey back to shelves.

After eight long years, Dunkaroos have been moved to the list of childhood favorites that are"Definitely coming back," according to the snack's Instagram account.

While Dunkaroo's various social media posts do not say much about a release date beyond the vaguest hint of "summer 2020," they do give us all something to look forward to.

Once we finally reach our #BodyGoals for the summer, we'll be able to reward ourselves by bingeing on our favorite cookie and frosting combination. It's been so long that it will be hard to pass up the offer.

What we do know is that the revived Dunkaroos will first be available at select 7-Eleven locations, then at other gas stations and grocery stores.

We also know that, while the original treat came in several different flavors, General Mills announced that the original "Vanilla Cookies with Vanilla Frosting with Rainbow Sprinkles" variation will be the only flavor making a comeback.

Perhaps we can only ask so much at once, but that doesn't mean we won't keep pushing for other variations next year.

So start stashing your money in that little piggy bank from home, folks. Summer 2020 is looking to be a great season for snacking.