21 Inspirational Dumbledore Quotes You Must Read Today

115 years of wisdom.

553

Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore is one of the wisest literary characters of all time. His words offer wisdom and a humble perspective to all of those around him (but usually Harry). Even though Dumbledore is fictional, I believe all of his quotes can be applied to real life, and encourage us to be better people. Here are his best ones.

"Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury, and remedying it."

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."

"It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be."

"People find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right."

"You think the dead we loved truly ever leave us? You think we don't recall them more clearly in times of great trouble?"

"It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends."

"We must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."

"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

"For in dreams we enter a world that is entirely our own."

"Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it."

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"

"It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness. Nothing more."

"To the well organized mind, death is but the next great adventure."
"It is a curious thing, Harry, but perhaps those who are best suited to power are those who have never sought it."

"Let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure."

"Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living and above all, those who live without love."

"The trouble is, humans do have a knack of choosing precisely those things that are worst for them."

"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish... but battle on."

"Age is foolish and forgetful when it underestimates youth."

"It's not how you are alike. It's how you are not..."