megan markle royal family

The Duchess Of Sussex Is The Breath Of Fresh Air The Royal Family Needs

From her first social engagements to the wedding itself, Markle has remarkably adjusted to the intensity of royal life.

271

While fairy-tale wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle stole the hearts of us all, the wedding also marked a potentially drastic shift in the way the Royal Family operates. From her first social engagements to the wedding itself, Markle has remarkably adjusted to the intensity of royal life.

Showing poise and confidence, she is breathing new life into the Royal Family. The now Duchess of Sussex has also shown some of the may modern touches that she will bring to the table. From her outspokenness on Women's Rights to the royal protocol rules that she has already broken, the slight modifications she has made have already sent shock waves throughout royal society.

From her first appearance with Prince Harry to the royal wedding, Markle has found ways to push the envelope through her fashion choices and her life prior to being a royal.

From her first appearance with Prince Harry to her engagement photos, Meghan Markle has not been shy with her fashion choices. Her first official public appearance was when she and Prince Harry went to watch and support the Invictus Games. She wore a light blue button down shirt as well as a pair of jeans with a rip in the knee. The problem was not with the button down shirt, but rather the ripped jeans. It is very against royal fashion rules to wear any sort of jeans with rips because it is thought to expose too much unnecessary skin.

However, this is not the only time Markle has broken those fashion rules. At her official photocall for the announcement of her engagement Markle neglected to wear skin-toned stockings to the event. Following the official press announcement, the couple released the touching photos shot by Alexi Lubormirski, and in the photos, Markle was seen wearing a sheer dress - another massive rule broken.

Members of the older generations have started to make comments about the way Markle has dressed and the controversy that comes with it. However, among the young, the fashion influence is beginning to have the same power as Princess Diana had when she was alive. Her chic style has shown those not part of the royal society that royals are just like them, wearing clothing that is comfortable and stylish.

Before she was brought into the whirlwind of the Royal Family, Meghan Markle was an American actress, starring on the show Suits. But it is not her citizenship or prior job that is the concern, it is her private life that has caused the chaos.

Prior to being with Prince Harry, Markle was married to Trevor Engelson for two years. The two divorced in 2013 allegedly due to their busy work schedules. Up until 2002, divorce and remarriage were frowned upon in the Church of England. In past, the marriage of a royal to a divorcee has struck up much controversy, like in the cases of Princess Margaret and Peter Townsend as well as King Edward VIII and Wallis Simpson. However, in modern times, the Church has become more lassiez-faire with its policies on this. Aside from her past marital relationships, Meghan Markle is also biracial.

Her mother, Doria Ragland, is African-American and her father, Thomas Markle, is white. This is a major milestone in the modernization of the royals because it shows a racial barrier being knocked down at the highest level.

The marriage of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry is not just about the fairytale ending the two have found. It has shown the modernization that the royal family is moving towards and how that advancement can be the saving grace for the crown as a new generation comes to the light and becomes powerful.