A Drunken Fall and a Faithful Call

A Drunken Fall and a Faithful Call

"It was one of those weird Cinderella moments"

1
A Drunken Fall and a Faithful Call

I stared at you from the across the room hoping you wouldn’t catch my glance. My palms started to do that weird sweaty thing and my heart started to pound signaling it was go time. I knew you existed but you never knew I existed. It was one of those weird Cinderella moments where everything was supposed to fall perfectly in place. But unfortunately this time wasn’t that moment.

I stood up my legs feeling like lead as I started to make my way to you. You stood there with your hands in your pocket chatting away with your group of friends. They all did that cheesy laugh cue all at the same time making me wonder if it was because they were laughing at me. I wasn’t the kind of girl to do daring things and I wasn’t the kind to be in a situation like this but here I was. Maybe it was because of the alcohol pumping through my blood stream or the thumping music that made me more brave but whatever it was, I was feeling it. The space between us got closer and closer and my heart started to pound faster. I was seconds from reaching you, tapping you on the shoulder to just say hello. But then fate stepped in (or should I say 200 lb linebacker Tommy did) knocking me to the cold hard ground with his big body toppling after. It seemed like the whole party had stopped as I felt the beer trickle down my shirt and to my pants, no big deal not like I spent hours picking out this outfit making sure it was the right one. Tommy stood up apologizing for running into me and then continued on with his partying leaving me still on the floor trying to find my breath. Seconds later a hand reached out to me and I grabbed it without even realizing it was you. You pulled me up off my feet and flashed that white smile every girl dreams for.

“What a fall you had there.” You yell into my ear over the music. I can’t seem to get the words from my mind to my mouth as I just continue to stare at your hand holding mine.

“You want to get cleaned up?” You speak for me and without hesitation you lead me to the closest bathroom. I’m guided in still stunned at the fact that this is happening. I sit down on the toilet while you close the door instantly muting the noise from outside. You grab towels from under the sink and hand one to me.

“Thanks.” the one word that i’m able to mutter out.

“No problem, wouldn’t be the first time Tommy knocked someone over. He doesn’t really see anybody except whatever is in his straight line of vision.” You joke as you sit on the toilet while i’m perched on the tub.

“It’s Mallory right?” You ask shocking me with the fact you know my name. I shake my head in response trying to dry off the beer on my shirt. “I’ve seen you around school.” You say trying to desperately make conversation with me while i'm too nervous to say a word.

“Yeah I just moved here this year, big adjustment.” I finally muster up the courage to say something.

“That’s cool from where?” You ask as the conversation finally starts to flow. The beer has since become sticky and dry on my shirt but we stay in the bathroom talking all night long muting out the rest of the party not caring what’s on the other side of that door. Who know’s what will happen when we leave this tiny room but for now i’m only focused on you and hoping this wasn’t just horrible luck and by chance for something like this to happen,