Are Baggy T-Shirts And Norts OK To Wear To Class? I Say Yes
Clothing

Yeah, I'm *That* Girl Who Wears Norts, Birks And Giant Shirts To Class, So What?

I like to be comfortable, sue me.

261

When it comes to getting ready for class, I have a giant stack of a mixture of Disney and my sorority T-shirts that I pluck one off the top from and match my bottoms accordingly. Now, I love the process of getting dolled up, putting makeup on, and picking a trendy outfit to wear but for class, I cannot be bothered.

It's not because I'm lazy or was late and just rolled out of bed (OK, maybe that happens sometimes) it's because I CAN. I don't wear cute outfits to class and don't do my full beat of makeup for class because I CAN. Classes are stressful enough, I need to be able to rub my face and eyes and hide behind my huge T-shirts and sweatshirts when things get tough.

Oh, and I'm sure as hell not dressing up just because there is a guy who I think is cute in one of my classes. Honestly, if "Chad" doesn't think I look like an 11/10 and adorable in my potato sack outfit with legs then he doesn't deserve me at my bad and boujee best. Also, what a better way to meet a guy and have him ask you out when you look like a trash can. That way he knows what to expect and doesn't expect a full beat every day. (Pro tip: who cares what a guy thinks? You live your best life for you and only you.)

SEE ALSO: Ladies, Nike Shorts And Leggings Are For The Gym, Nowhere Else

But really, class isn't a fashion show so don't feel like you have to dress up all the time to impress some guy. (Unless you have a presentation or speech in class then please dress presentably for your professor.) Wearing a cute uncomfortable outfit will only make me uncomfortable in class, then distract me in class, then I can't pay attention and focus. I don't dress like 75 percent of college girls to fit in, I dress like them because they have the right idea. It's 2018 people, we are in college so let people dress how they want.

From Your Site Articles