I Asked 25 People 'What Do You Hope For In 2018' And Here's What They Said

Take a deep breath and enter 2018 with hope and confidence.

4768

Happy 18th birthday to the 2000s. Here's to 12 new chapters and 365 new chances. We have 2018 reason to be thankful. New year, same us, but better. When you look back on 2017, don't think of it as a year of pain, but a year of growth. You made it through each day. You should be proud of yourself. You are a better you, despite all the hardships. Take a deep breath and enter 2018 with hope and confidence.

I asked 25 people what they are hoping for in 2018 and here is what they said:

1. "My hope for 2018 is just to forgive and FORGET everything & leave it in 2017. It's time for new beginnings and a whole new approach to life." - Jinan Beydoun

2. "I hope and have faith that in 2018, the government will finally pass us the CURE for cancer. I'm not asking for every ounce of their research for every type; just ONE type of cancer will give us all hope that the future will look a lot better. #StopTheSuffering" - Jen Yatuoma

3. "My hope for 2018 is peace, justice, and freeing our minds from mental slavery." - M.F.

4. "The Lions to win the Super Bowl." - Leo Tika

5. According to Leo Tika, his wife's hope for 2018 is "the Lions make it to the playoffs," but from a reliable source her actual hope might be to "vacation more, sleep more, and study less."

6. "For 2018, getting more sleep, going to the gym more than once a year, petting more dogs, and actually using that planner I bought." - Rahma Gaied

7. "Peace in Palestine." - M.H.D.

8. "In 2018, I need less drama and a lot more fun." - anonymous

9. "For 2018... I hope to make my girlfriend my fiance." - anonymous

10. "More real interactions, less cell phone usage." - A.S.

11. "I want to get into graduate school in 2018." - N.L.

12. "I need to receive a sign that my dad is in heaven and still with me... I mean I hope to receive this in 2018." - anonymous

13. "Let us end the stigma on mental health, especially Schizophrenia." - Rivian Marougi

14. "I hope to lose my dad bod." - P.R.

15. "I hope to go on a vacation for a week without my kids." - V. K.

16. "I don't want my mental illness to get the best of me in 2018." - anoynmous

17. "I hope [he] gets the help he needs in 2018... this can't be the year that I lose him." - anonymous

18. "This will be my year. I WILL win the lottery" - Cara H.

19. "My hope is to see my mom happy again. I want her to continue her life in 2018, even though my dad is not here anymore." - anonymous

20. "I want to see my family united again. I hope we can learn to love as one again and be there as a family." - L.H.

21. "Maybe in 2018 I will find my person, or at least I hope so." - K.M.

22. "Can we end the heroin epidemic? Is this finally the year that we can get through without losing someone to an overdose? I don't know if I can handle that anymore." - anonymous

23. "I pray and hope that my mom beats her cancer. This is HER year, I can feel it." - anonymous

24. "My kids are my everything. I want them to grow, learn, and be healthy & happy in 2018." - A.K.

25. "For 2018, I have high, but realistic hopes. I hope that my community will stop seeing mental illnesses, such as depression, just as a phase. I hope that people get the help they need and deserve. Everyone deserves to be happy and I hope everyone is able to find that in 2018. I hope everyone finds what they are looking for this year, whether it be an answer, a cure, or love." - Sarrah Zeer