Do Not Let Other People Tell You How To Dream

WARNING: All doubts for today have been canceled.

6

If you don’t follow your dreams, you will be pulled back and forth between other people’s dreams. In health, you will be told what you should look like and what you should be doing, not following what your body tells you that you should be doing. In a relationship, you will settle for a relationship that you are told you are supposed to have, not experience a relationship of your dreams. If you don’t have your own plan laid out in every area of your life, then you are going to follow someone else’s plan!

You have the power to follow your own plan in life. Why live your life for someone else? They already got their own life to live! You had a purpose before anyone had an opinion. You're going to wear yourself out and miss your calling trying to please everyone. Learn to discern helpful feedback from hate.

When you are living life for someone else, you are not listening to your internal calling. Since we are all different in what we want out of life, this means you will not be living the life that will truly make you feel fulfilled. Chasing your dreams lets you take the control back and do what matters most. Nobody gets to control you anymore, because you know what you want and how you are going to start getting it, and that means you make your own decisions and schedule your own time.

Sit down and decide what you want most out of life. If you feel that something you want is too small, ask yourself why you feel that. Is it because other people say that it’s too small, or is it because you believe it is not living up to your potential? If you feel it is about other people, remember that your dreams are perfect for you, no matter what size they are. You know what’s best for you, so trust yourself enough to give you the answers you need. Stop letting things distract you from the bigger picture. You were ready the second you had the idea. Start taking your ideas seriously. Respect yourself. If it doesn't work out, keep trying. Don't trash the playbook, just boss up and call an audible.

Don't let your fears control you. Do all the things that scare you, because they're worth it. That podcast? Launch it. That blog? Start it. That book? Write it. That idea? Flesh it out. That app? Develop it. That gift? Put it to use.