To My Boyfriend, Let's Dream Big, Together

Life isn't something you can always plan out, but there is always room for dreaming, especially with you.

6501
Casey Whoolery-Pratt

There are two types of dating out there; dating with intention or dating just for fun. One is no better than the other, but for me, when I commit to someone, I commit my full self to them. My boyfriend and I have been dating with an intention for quite a while now and he inspires me every single day.

The one thing he inspires me most about is to dream big, but not just for me, but for us. I have always been a proud and hardworking individual, with big dreams of my own. However, spending each day with my significant other, he inspires me to do big things and dream big with him, not just alone.

When you choose your life partner, you expect life to just fall into place and all of your hopes and dreams will match 100% of the time. But those of you in a committed relationship, like me, knows that isn’t the case all the time. Life is about making sacrifices and compromising while still keeping the same end goal in mind. It doesn’t matter how you get there, as long as you make it to where you want to be.

My significant other has inspired me to keep my dreams big, worries tinier than ever, and all with his hand in mine. He inspires me every day to make him proud and come home with an even bigger goal than the day before. We sit down and talk about our five-year goals, what we both want out of life, and who we hope to become at the end of each day. We dream that the world is ours and that even though we hope to settle down in our small little hometown, the world is still ours to see.

He, just like me, has always had high hopes for himself and wants to go far in life, but he also has the dreams he wants for us, too. The scariest, yet exciting, thing is that he doesn’t tell me all of them so he can keep my life full of surprises. With both our goals in mind, we still sit and stare at the stars knowing that the galaxy still isn’t high enough for us.

The most important thing that we remember is when we chose each other; we promised to be a team. Like any other team on this planet, they all have their eye on the same or similar goals, and my team is no different. He will never know just how much he has impacted my take on life, but whether or not he does, I will always be thankful. So, with all of this being said:

To my dearest love,

I can’t wait to take your hand in life and help lead you to where you hope to be. I promise to always be your rock, sidekick, an anchor in all of life’s hard decisions, and to always be the support you need. I am loving every second of walking down life’s journey with your hand interlocked with mine and with high hopes for the future. Let’s dream like there is no sky above us and with no fear of failure. Let’s get knocked down together and pull each other back to our feet, even when the other feels like we can’t. Even though we don’t have to prove ourselves to anyone, let’s do it anyway and make a name for ourselves, most of all. You are my personal and without you, one of my dreams would not be complete. I love you and have nothing but faith that we will make a mark in this world, as a team. Let’s continue this path that we are on and with our heads held high.

Love, Me.

P.S. Determination looks good on you.